View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
fullthrottle52

Quote:
Originally Posted by luci5r View Post
Thanks for the replies guys!

Yesterday when I submitted the post, I accidentally hit "Submit" without finishing the post. So there's actually a bit more. I couldn't come & edit yesterday because it was under Moderator Approval - which happened sometime late last night. So if you guys could look over the original post again, there's a few more things on the list.

Ok - So basically it's a glue-on job and it's not actually screwed in to the back of the trunk using screws? You were able to get the original "Boxster" off using Dental Floss? What kind of glue did you need to stick the new one back on?

Thanks!!

I'll check out those Vendors. I saw one on Pelican Parts also in the meantime.

I had a feeling the Steering Wheel Emblem was going to be an issue. I wish it wasn't as scratched as it is. I might have to look into the entire Airbag/Cap replacement -- but I do believe that will be out of my bounds & will most likely require a Dealer.

Someone had suggested Vinyl wrap as well. That's a possibility I can explore - I'm not sure how to remove those 2 caps, so I'd have to look that up first.

Thanks!
Removing the factory glue after removing the emblem takes a lot of goo be gone and patients. Go slow and don't use anything that could scratch the paint. When you receive your new emblem it comes ready to stick on. It has a rubberized sticky back. Make sure you mark where the old one came off so you can stick the new one in the same location.