View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #12
Boxster586

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by delubozparts View Post
I need to chimed in on this posting, we had sold many of these Boxter 97-99 2.5L and Boxster & S 00-04 2.7/3.2L Test Pipes through this forum and E-Bay/Web-site sales all with good reviews and feedbacks.

I had a good discussion with our sales rep George about this complaints and found out:

jittsl had a 1998 Boxster 2.5L using a unknown Header and with 2002 Boxster Rear Exhaust section, ended up purchased our Test Pipes for Boxster 97-99 2.5L Test Pipes through our web-site on August 15th

Now this is the issue, if you are fitting 2000-Up exhaust you will need to use Test Pipes from 00-04 2.7/3.2L applications to be compatible with the fitment. As far as the Headers for 97-99 2.5L and 00-04 2.7/3.2L are the same specs with difference of O2 sensor bungs.

Hope this clears up the issues and questionable quality and fitment with our Top Speed Pro-1 products.

FYI:
97-99 Boxster 2.5L Test Pipes
TOP SPEED AUTO ACCESSORIES, INC.

00-04 Boxster 2.7/3.2L Test Pipes
TOP SPEED AUTO ACCESSORIES, INC.

We will issue jittsl refund back subject to our standard return policy.

Our company is responsible and reputable seller, we have nothing to hide and will stand up to our rights.

Thank you

Best Regards,

Che
I had zero issue installing a set of TopSpeed bypass pipes last weekend. In my experience, I had to insert the tail end of the pipe into the muffler and and then align the front. The alignment took some time to get perfect because of the tight working area. The pipes does increase the flow dramatically as my exhaust is noticeably louder. I'm happy with the results and happy having not spent $300+ more on two pipes from another manufacturer.

By the way, there is a video by another member regarding the installation and how he had to have a muffler shop cut two tack welded bolts in order to install. I found this to be not the case. The nuts were tack welded but the bolts still turned. All you need is a simple socket set and a long socket extension to reach two bolts.
Boxster586 is offline   Reply With Quote