View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsmith
OK I think I'm going to be able to take care of this myself. Turns out the grinding sound I heard was the cable binding and being destroyed. The transmission seems to be just fine. So I just need a new cable and push rod.

Also I need the little clip that holds the hydraulic piece to the clamshell. Mine snapped in two. I don't see it on the pelican parts page.
If the only piece you need is the clip that locks the "hydraulic" black pushrod's horizontal pin into the body-colored clamshell support arm, that part number is 999.166.075.02.

Those clips rarely break, but they can deform. There's a possibility you might find it somewhere in the convertible top well, or in the foam drain tray on that side.

Don't forget to check to make sure that if it has fallen into the foam drain pan, that it hasn't gone down into the drain cup under the drain hole in that foam drain tray. That might lead to a clog and then you may get water in the cabin, under the driver's seat, where it will promptly fry your central alarm computer.

BTW, if you replaced the canvas part of the top yourself, this repair is definitely not out of your league.

Regards, Maurice.

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote