View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #11
Quickurt

Great point Hops. My 987S is just frigging unbelievable on rough roads. Every other sportscar I've had would make you suck up about half your seat bottom if you hit some rough spots in a turn. The 987 dips and climbs and rocks and rolls, but it continues to track on the perfect line you set it on. Miraculous.
By the way, I looked hard at NSXs and what I could buy for the price of my 06 S........? A 95? No warranty, an extreme shortage of mechanics who know the car and how long a wait for your local dealer to figure out a problem, get parts and fix it? Let alone those years still eat front tires.
No thanks. Neat car, but no thanks.
I paid 44k for my 06 S with 11K miles, Certified with 100K warranty out to 5/2012, including the BrumosU school with Hurley Haywood instructing. What's it worth to have the winningest ever Porsche racer drive you through the courses in your Boxster S? How nerve-racking is it to then have to DRIVE HIM through the next run?????
The 20k service was done as part of the cert. process, so I don't even have a maintenance until 30k miles. No NSX deal could touch that, and I've since played with a couple in that price range and they won't touch my Box.
The Lotus is really neat, just don't get hit by that SUV that couldn't see you down there in go-kart land. If all you're going to do is track it, well then there are even better cars yet. Buy a formula car or sports racer.