Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2017, 10:35 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaday View Post
This car is nothing short of Beautiful

Question, does the 996 door panels simply just replace the original one? or were there modifications to make them fit?
I dont remember making any modification to make it fit. The only part of the interior that needed modification was the dash. I had to replace to support beam and get new ventilation ducts to clear the glove box of the new dash.

The 996 doors make the car feel more substantial and I like the storage compartment door pocket better than the 986 that has the hole in it.

Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:50 AM   #22
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Awesome design concept & execution!

Zeintec spoiler?
Old 05-12-2017, 01:32 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunin_Stud View Post
I dont remember making any modification to make it fit. The only part of the interior that needed modification was the dash. I had to replace to support beam and get new ventilation ducts to clear the glove box of the new dash.

The 996 doors make the car feel more substantial and I like the storage compartment door pocket better than the 986 that has the hole in it.
I'm waiting for some good black leather door panels from a 996 to cross my path. The 986 pocket cover feels like a limp noodle compared to the 996 cover.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:39 AM   #24

A genuine work of art, really eye catching!

Werner is offline   Reply With Quote