Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2016, 06:08 AM   #21

Well after having the wheels refurbed and the new tyres fitted the car now has a new problem, steering wheel shake at anything over 65 mph.

I'm getting close to getting rid of this lemon once and for all before long, nothing but trouble for 4 months. Going to see if changing a couple of things works and then if that doesn't goodbye.

That986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:32 AM   #22

Every car I’ve owned that had the dreaded 65 mph shake it was caused by improper tire balancing. And since the shake is new and you have new tires I’d check the balancing.
And if it turns out to be the balance, Not fair to blame the car on a tire issue, LoL
MARTHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:47 AM   #23

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by That986 View Post
Well after having the wheels refurbed and the new tyres fitted the car now has a new problem, steering wheel shake at anything over 65 mph.

I'm getting close to getting rid of this lemon once and for all before long, nothing but trouble for 4 months. Going to see if changing a couple of things works and then if that doesn't goodbye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTHA View Post
Every car I’ve owned that had the dreaded 65 mph shake it was caused by improper tire balancing. And since the shake is new and you have new tires I’d check the balancing.
And if it turns out to be the balance, Not fair to blame the car on a tire issue, LoL
Tires are out of balance if you ask me. Go back to whoever installed your new tires.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:52 AM   #24

Well the trials and tribulations continue....

Found the tie rods to be knackered with one of them completely stuffed, all will be replaced with new so that's another thing to tick off. I'm really annoyed with this as 2 different people missed this only a couple of months ago when the car was gone through back to front with the remit to replace anything looking tired.

Also on the exhaust front i had to get it toned down so had 2 chambered silencers put in place of the 5" round that was originally there. It did sound awesome when you were out "playing" somewhere but for every day use it was a bit loud and obnoxious. Now it sounds a lot more refined but still has the signature flat 6 note at the top end, lovely.

That986 is offline   Reply With Quote