Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #1

Lapis Blue Boxster - Continually updated - 09/12/13

a little introduction;

my sunday name is Steven, koosh to everyone however!
i live in a small, cold, dark, little town in central scotland.
i work as a technician in a very local petrochemical plant.
i am just at the tender age of 24 years old, a little young some may think, to own a porsche.
i purchased the car in november of this year, the car in question, as you may have guessed from the title, is a lapis blue boxster S.
i crashed my old car the week prior (a picture shall follow), and at the time i was doing alot of overtime at work meaning i had some extra cash coming in. i thought to myself that i could either continue buying and modifying old volkswagens or i could spend the money on a nice porsche and then get myself a good project vw to work on in the garage at home! i intended on buying a boxster and not touching it but after much ebay trawling i cant see that happening! i've already spent a bit on it and its technically not turned a legal wheel yet!
anyways i took the plunge and here we are. the car wont be coming out until the spring hits next year but for now its sitting pretty awaiting some attention.

and i will say this once as a forewarning, but i am an avid photographer and i like to take pictures..... of everything!! so bear with on the picture front!

here it is on the way home from picking it up. this being what i can only assume is the first of maaaaaaany pit stops i shall encounter in my porsche owning lifetime! i had to get my buddy to drive it home due to not having road tax and insurance!

this was the night after i got it home;

a couple others (more arty!) a few days later;

and that concludes my intro!
i thank you if you have read it all! any comments and criticisms are welcome

Last edited by koosh; 12-09-2013 at 03:24 AM.
koosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #2

Koosh,
Welcome to Porsche ownership. Your car is beautiful and I especially like the color combination since it is the same as my 2001. You'll find this forum invaluable as you learn the ins and outs of maintaining your car. I'm not he photographer that your are but here is a picture of my boxster.

BlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #3

Garage
gorgeous car -- looks to be in great shape -- love lapis blue ...after black of course !
Old 12-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #4

I really like the original aerokit bumper.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #5

Garage
Beautiful car! Congrats & welcome to the forum. You are definitely not too young to own a Porsche. I bought my first one (with my own money) at 18. Enjoy it & hope you have many years of driving enjoyment!
Bryan topping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #6

Garage
Karl Nettgen's Garage :: 2001 Porsche BoxsterI obviously love the color combo too...Welcome!

Last edited by Karl Nettgen; 12-10-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Karl Nettgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #7

thank you for the warm welcome guys
good to see there is alot of love out there for the lapis blue. i've still to get a decent shot of the interior of the car but it has the full metropole blue leather with the sports seats upgrade.

i have purchased some speedster humps for the car (spur of the moment ebay purchase), not sure if i'm going to fit them at any point though?
i also purchased some clear side repeaters which should arrive soon and i also purchased a carbon horseshoe from a local guy through ebay also but i didnt realise that is was for a facelifted dash so that got sold 3 days later for 2.5 times what i paid for it!

i guess i aint too young for a porsche, i just feel that most people my age wouldnt even consider one! however it was bought and paid for by myself and all my friends are happy for me at least :P

i just cant wait till spring to start driving it!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:46 AM   #8

Garage
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Beautiful car, of course I am biased to the color here is one of my arty shots:
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #9

Garage
Nice car, congratulations! You should enjoy it.

I was able to vist the UK with my wife in 2010. We stayed three days in a B&B in Edinburgh. We loved Scotland, and hope to return some day. We also stayed in Ireland, and England, but liked Scotland the best, but maybe that's because my ancestors hailed from Scotland. Islay, to be exact.

Keep the photos coming. We enjoy going on the journey with you.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #10

scotland really is an awesome place despite what i or other people say!
i recently started dating a girl from edinburgh so i am there often now and its a great city!

so just a little update on the car, speedster humps have arrived for it, not sure what to do with them...
smoked OEM side repeaters arrived and have been fitted, i also took out the 3rd brake light and put some smoked vinyl over it to dull it down a bit and i ripped some of the interior plastics out to carbon skin but i fear i have made a muck of them so they will need either replaced or re-done...

i also took it for a spin today on my "private" street with the roof down and i just cant wait to start using it properly... if the weather doesnt get much worse i may bring it out sooner than expected!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to Gregtenerife
. . . ..Shiney
Gregtenerife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #12

Beatiful car Koosh and welcome!
06 Maserati Quattroporte (Family hauler)
08 Corvette Z06 (Track car)
986_c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #13

Garage
Very nice pictures and enjoy your Boxster. Just picked up a 99. I have some work to do to bring it up to speed but it runs well. Needs a good cleaning and wheels, etc etc...
jccash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #14

Garage
Welcome Koosh! Excellent 1st post & choice of color & year! Well done!
Alright you asked for it so here goes: looks like your car has non OEM front bumper & exhaust tips or is that european parts? What can you tell us about the fuel you make that we don't already know? I used to work in auto photography & you are doing good there, best way to improve there is mind your backgrounds & reflections in that beautiful paint. Plese respond in General Discussions.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:01 AM   #15

i thank you kindly

the bumper and exhaust seem to be pretty standard parts over here in the uk, whether they differ from the US spec parts i dont quite know, but american stuff sometimes differs due to crash tests and stuff

unfortunately i cant tell you much about the petrol we make that you probably dont already know. we make regular grade ULSP (ultra low sulphar petrol) which is 95RON and we make SUMS (super unleaded motor spirit) which is 98RON and we also make DERV (diesel). the plant also makes everything else you can think of that comes from crude oil along with by products like H2 and SO2. we have recently introduced a plant and system which injects bio-ethanol into the regular gasoline to make it more economical (it also boosts power, infamously the koennigsegg CCX or whather one it was, if ran on bio-fuel can boost power to over 1000BHP).

i thank you for the tips on my photography aswell. i run my own facebook page/instagram/website/tumblr/everything internet based for my photography. if you search StillAuto you will most likely find it i mainly do vw shows and stuff...

i will also be visiting Georgia as my girlfriend hails from there originally. i am coming over mid june for 28 days hoping to take in some sun, sights, theme parks and great food! may even see a boxster or 2 when i'm over :P

i have a couple updates which will be made in due course... all i'm saying is my ebay account should probably be removed from me....
Old 03-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #16

`here it is on the way home from picking it up. this being what i can only assume is the first of maaaaaaany pit stops i shall encounter in my porsche owning lifetime! i had to get my buddy to drive it home due to not having road tax and insurance!

CRIKEY.... you were lucky you didnt get stopped and nicked !!!!!!....Your mate would have been miffed..you cant drive a car on the road without TAX or INSURANCE under any circumstances....vehicle is only allowed on route to have its MoT..

And the vehicle MUST be insured....its no good having someone drive who has insurance on another car..

Glad you got home...Lol
Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #17

Garage
Welcome brother Koosh.

Don't worry bout being too young to own a Porsche. A lot of us here are too old to own one!
nieuwhzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:03 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Pete View Post
`here it is on the way home from picking it up. this being what i can only assume is the first of maaaaaaany pit stops i shall encounter in my porsche owning lifetime! i had to get my buddy to drive it home due to not having road tax and insurance!

CRIKEY.... you were lucky you didnt get stopped and nicked !!!!!!....Your mate would have been miffed..you cant drive a car on the road without TAX or INSURANCE under any circumstances....vehicle is only allowed on route to have its MoT..

And the vehicle MUST be insured....its no good having someone drive who has insurance on another car..

Glad you got home...Lol
hahah i thank you for your concern but its all good :P
my buddy works in a garage so we borrowed trade plates, you cant see them in the pic however since they were in the window. there wasnt any place to mount them on the outside of the car without scratching the bumpers... and since he works in a garage he has trade insurance allowing him to drive any car. if we had gotten stopped we simply would have said we were taking it to his garage to check it over

i shall hopefully have updates early next week
Old 03-16-2013, 03:24 AM   #19

Wellcome to the dark side koosh munster... Another UK member., Great...Thats 3 of us now..!
will look forward to the updates

Not sure about the speedster humps..the Boxster has a great arse as it is..!
Got to consider a clear lights change...will look far better imo and an amberectomy

They come up on Ebay if u are patient...Paid £350 for the whole lot, brand new in the boxes
Do plenty of shopping around...prices vary enormously
Have bought some service parts from these;

Porsche Parts | Porsche Spares |Porsche 911 Parts Online - CarParts911

and if you put this code in you will get another 5% discount; 911uk0512
They are an off shoot of Eurocarparts, but prices are alot cheaper..

Also; JD Motorsports do some good prices...the best i can find on Ebay

(pay David direct through paypal and get 5% disc. ) mjd128@hotmail.com

While i think about it, maybe you can clear a point up, coming from a profession that you do;;;;;

SUPERMARKET PETROL; Inferior or Urban myth??
The likes of Tesco etc., I have always avoided this as vehicles i have owned in the past have run awful on it, and a remember someone from the refinery business years ago, telling me to avoid this like the plague..
I have been using Shell VPower in the Boxster, dont want to take any chances..Was using Esso good stuff...but found this is only 97 ron. VPower is 99ron

They recommend 98 ron in the Boxster `S`
Old 04-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Pete View Post
Not sure about the speedster humps..the Boxster has a great arse as it is..!

Got to consider a clear lights change, They come up on Ebay if u are patient...Paid £350 for the whole lot, brand new in the boxes

SUPERMARKET PETROL; Inferior or Urban myth??
The likes of Tesco etc., I have always avoided this as vehicles i have owned in the past have run awful on it, and a remember someone from the refinery business years ago, telling me to avoid this like the plague..
I have been using Shell VPower in the Boxster, dont want to take any chances..Was using Esso good stuff...but found this is only 97 ron. VPower is 99ron

They recommend 98 ron in the Boxster `S`
thanks for the welcome. the speedster humps were sold on ebay and are now gone.

i cant find the lights for that cheap anywhere! i was thinking of getting the rears painted red as a mate of mines is a painter and i've seen a set he done for his corrado.

i plan on getting some service parts and the likes soon enough so those links will come in handy!

as for petrol, every tanker that serves any petrol station locally and far leaves my work, i'm talking tesco, shell, bp, morrisons, asda, esso, you name it! its all the same stuff that leaves here... however there is speculation that they add stuff when they put them into storage tanks at their stations but i've never had issues using any petrol in any of my cars. my old polo GT used to run better on tesco 99 ron than anything else! even better than shell and BP. i run the boxster on either 95 or 98 as these are both readily availible near me not had any issues at all!

Last edited by koosh; 04-03-2013 at 01:38 AM.