Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 01:48 PM   #21

it happened to me. I am on my second z-top. the spinlock mounts are attached to the inner shell and flex it differently than the outer shell. of course, it may have occurred because of how I stored it - resting on the three mounting points. they say that fiberglass isn't the best solution for complex shapes mounted at multiple points. regardless, an excellent piece of kit and worth every penny. I am on my second not because the first came apart, but because I went through a 'i'm selling my boxster' phase and the top sold but the car didn't. wound up having to buy another top as a result.

The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:44 PM   #22

Hi all

As promised a picture from the inner shell
In my opinion, the lock is very nice done, so the colour.

Bye!

ducati11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:06 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAN View Post
Nice and not too far away.

As far as I can see, they have a company history and sell other Porsche parts, too.
Can't wait for a few more pics.
Maybe how the inside looks (roofliner, fittings, rubbers, space between roof and roll bars)

Maybe they are even able to create a "light" version of it, without the rear hatch...only challenge i see is to find a "fitting" rear window.

Keep us updated, Ducati :dance:
I know this is a old thread but does anyone know if this type top is available in the US? I checkout their website D Morris and no prices. I like the Ztop better but this style isn't bad.

Last edited by JBauer; 07-16-2017 at 07:11 AM.
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:15 AM   #24
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
I know this is a old thread but does anyone know if this type top is available in the US? I checkout their website D Morris and no prices. I like the Ztop better but this style isn't bad.
Hi JBauer,

that is actually a Zeintop which I photoshoped (short hatch and trunk).
D-Morris TOP doesn't really cut it...it seems too bulky due to that funky rear window, imo. Though it might be A LOT easier to prepare and install.

Z-TOP should be available from these guys still (I was in contact with them twice, very nice and helpful)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMe-AuIecv4
Old 07-16-2017, 08:41 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAN View Post
Hi JBauer,

that is actually a Zeintop which I photoshoped (short hatch and trunk).
D-Morris TOP doesn't really cut it...it seems too bulky due to that funky rear window, imo. Though it might be A LOT easier to prepare and install.

Z-TOP should be available from these guys still (I was in contact with them twice, very nice and helpful)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMe-AuIecv4
Thanks for the info. I've contacted them. I'm only a 5 hour drive from them and on their website, well 1 of them, it says the offer a complete install for $385.00 but when I asked them about the details. They didn't answer. Id rather drive there and have them trim it and install it. I'm waiting for another email. I didn't think that was a bad price for custom install and it probably would be about the same as freight to ship it to me.

JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote