Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #1

Red face 2001 Gently Loved by Previous Owner

This is my new-to-me 2001 Boxster. We picked it up last night. My mom gave me a love of Porsches when I was very young, riding around in her '59 Bathtub. I always said I would own one 'some day'. My husband decided to surprise me and make 'some day' much sooner than I expected.

Between us we've owned everything from an '04 Mazda 3 to an '01 Wrangler, '72 Landcruiser (my first car!), '06 H3, '72 Camaro, a '95 Miata and a whole host of others in between.

Much to learn, much to mod, but looking forward to being able to do far more maintenance than I originally expected.

Last edited by geeklife; 03-11-2010 at 05:28 AM.
geeklife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:43 AM   #2

Congratulations on your new Boxster and welcome!

You'll find plenty of info on mods and DIY maintenance here. The Boxster platform is one of the easiest to work on yourself.

Let the fun begin and drive it in good health!

Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:58 AM   #3

welcome!

our cars are twins ( even down to the greying air grills ).

we should go down 81 side by side and freak out cops.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:00 AM   #4

Congrats on your purchase. You now have entered the Boxster Zone...do not touch that dial, after driving you will notice a new you.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:03 AM   #5

Talking Thanks!

No lies...I was up scouring the forum and the Renn Tech forum until nearly 4 a.m. I already have my list. :dance:

And I'm back already.

The weather cleared up and it's not supposed to rain until late today. I may have to take a short drive at lunch......
geeklife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #6

This is how it starts...

And I'm back already.

The weather cleared up and it's not supposed to rain until late today. I may have to take a short drive at lunch......[/QUOTE]

...already talking about mods and cutting out at lunch for a bit of "go". Mind the permagrin (you'll find out) as it can become painful and 'others' will talk! You GO girl!!

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
samuelpaul11

I think that You have enjoyed with that car. Boxster had available in many colour. I have also gotten it couple of months ago. I will plan to go for long journey with it. I hope that I will enjoy it as soon.