Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 07:50 AM   #1

Buttonwillow

Here's a shot of me driving my '01 Boxster at Buttonwillow. I was instructing at the University of VARA school. FUN!

racerxlilbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:01 PM   #2

Love that track. Never been there on 4 wheels though. This one was taken in 2000.
roadracer311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #3

Nice Phil Reade! I've done both there, and prefer it as a car track. All the sealer scares me on a bike!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #4

I think that It would be so wonder that when we can ride that car and the bike over special track mania. I have made many serveyd But I can not find best place to ride the car as well. I wish that I will find it and enjoy the riding over that place.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #5

Now that this thread has come up again... does anyone know the rules about convertibles at Buttonwillow? It didn't occur to me when I bought my Ferrari (I still have the Boxster, so yes I'm in the right forum!), that not having a roof (and no roll bar, in the case of the F355) means no track days at certain tracks.

I had heard a rumor that all convertibles were banned at Buttonwillow, but I'm thinking it probably just a rumor.
roadracer311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #6
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer311
Now that this thread has come up again... does anyone know the rules about convertibles at Buttonwillow? It didn't occur to me when I bought my Ferrari (I still have the Boxster, so yes I'm in the right forum!), that not having a roof (and no roll bar, in the case of the F355) means no track days at certain tracks.

I had heard a rumor that all convertibles were banned at Buttonwillow, but I'm thinking it probably just a rumor.
Just a rumor. Some open cars ran there in May with no problems. I think it depends on the event organizer rules/insurance requirements.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless
Just a rumor. Some open cars ran there in May with no problems. I think it depends on the event organizer rules/insurance requirements.
If you're going to time trial with POC, they require a Brey Krause roll bar extender, a proper race seat, and harnesses.

HTH.

Brad