Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #21

Too cool, kabel!
Where and when is this meet??
We are in the Amelia Island area and always looking for nice weekend road trips!!

Old 12-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #22

Orlando Cars & Café
presented by the Orlando Automotive Club

Scheduled for the last Saturday of each month, the next one is January 30, 2010.

Time: 9am - 12pm
Location: Route 46 Entertainment District - 4316 W. State Road 46, Sanford, Florida 32771

Though I probably will not be there for that one, I'll be in Daytona for the Rolex 24 Hour race.

Visit the Orlando Automotive Club site for additional information and pics from the past events.

My photo collection from past meets:
Orlando Cars & Café Photo collection

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:47 AM   #23

Where do you hang at the Rolex?
Looks like I'll be going with a couple of friends, maybe we can get together,
as long as the weather is nice, that is.
About ten years in a row, back in the 70's and 80's. it was ALWAYS the coldest weekend of the winter. I mean walk the fences all night shaking, because it was too cold to sleep, cold!!! :ah:
Old 01-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #24

We actually don't hang in one spot for too long!

The PCA car coral is a nice spot (between the 24hr turn 3 & 4) and because we'll be parked there it will serve as home base.

There are several places we will be stopping at to see friends, the Grassroots Motorsports tent, the Mazda Owners area as well as the local CFBMW group area...

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
Old 02-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #25

Thought the rain might hold off for us today, but it didn't. Despite the weather many more people came out today than I expected, lets hear it for the true enthusiast!

Here are the OAC Cars and Café February Photos set

A few samples from the set:

Old 04-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #26

Another great meet this month, well over 200 cars showed up. This months theme was American Muscle, and we certainly had a lot show up!

Follow the link to the full photo set for the Orlando Car and Café April Meet photos Here are a few I was happy with:

Old 05-31-2010, 08:14 AM   #27

A few sample photos from this months Orlando Cars and Cafe meet, full set is viewable here: May Orlando Cars and Cafe. If you're in the area when we have ne of these meets you need to come out,

Last edited by kabel; 06-23-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #28

Orlando Cars and Café - Saturday June 26

For anyone in the central FL area, the next Orlando Cars and Café meet is this Saturday June 26, 2010
Presented by the Orlando Automotive Club

Date: Saturday, June 26, 2010
Location: Rout 46 Entertainment District - 4316 W. State Road 46, Sanford, Florida 32771
Visit the Orlando Automotive Club site for additional information and pics from the past events. And below is a link to my collection of photos from past meets: Orlando Cars & Cafe Photo collection

Old 07-30-2010, 07:02 AM   #29

For anyone interested... The monthly Orlando Cars and Cafe meet is this Saturday July 31 (tomorrow) 9am-12pm at the Route 46 Entertainment District in Sanford.
This months feature is the Viper, the Viper Club of Central FL will be bringing out some of their their finest, should be cool.

Last Month:

Old 08-29-2010, 05:49 AM   #30

With no special theme this month turn out was about average and we had a great variety of fantastic cars, including a brief showing of a 1 of 1 Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari 458, Ferrari California, and a Mosler MT900.

If you are eve in Orlando the last Saturday of the month, you need to visit us.

Link to a my full photo set:
kabelphoto Orlando Cars and Cafe 08/10

I was trying my hand at using a tilt-shift lens this month, kinda cool. Here are a few sample photos from the set:

Here are a couple more photo sets:

brandonconnellyphotography Cars and Cafe 8/28

Peter Tromboni Orlando Cars & Cafe 8/28/10

Old 09-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #31

For anyone in the central FL area, the next Orlando Cars and Café meet is this Saturday Sept 25, 2010
Presented by the Orlando Automotive Club

Date: Saturday, Sept 25, 2010
Location: Rout 46 Entertainment District - 4316 W. State Road 46, Sanford, Florida 32771
Visit the Orlando Automotive Club site for additional information and pics from the past events. And below is a link to my collection of photos from past meets: Orlando Cars & Cafe Photo collection

Old 11-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #32

Another month, another meet. The weather was not great and that kept people away, however, lots of Porsche cars showed up

link to the full set: Orlando Cars and Café Nov 27, 2010 Photos *

few samples:

*so why are the html code links not working properly?

Old 11-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #33

Wow - You are quite talented with a camera - even if you do have some amazing subjects! Nice work! I especially like the ones like the white NSX and the Viper beneath it. Very cool focus effect!

Regardless of the photography, that yellow Ferrari is about as beautiful of a car as I have ever seen. I first saw one in person last summer in Italy. They are very drool worthy!

There is a cars & cafe even in MN as well, but I've never seen quite the automotive talent that you get in Orlando. Occassional Porsche Carrera GT, maybe a Lamborghini Murcielago, and loads of Corvettes, lesser Ferraris, Porsches, etc. But not nearly to that level of quantity and quality.
KellyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:33 AM   #34

Many thanks for the kind words, photography is a hobby I truly enjoy.

It is amazing the variety of premium cars we have show up each month, even with a low turn out like we had this past weekend (aprx 40 cars versus the usual average of 90 cars).

I was working with a 45mm prime tilt-shift lens again this time (full manual and no image stabilization). That enabled some of that odd focus/depth-of-field effect like on the white NSX you noticed.

BTW, The Minneapolis MN Cars and Cafe is our sister club actually. I've seen photos from their meets and I must say they have a great variety of amazing cars too! A shame you cannot meet year round

Old 12-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #35

Here is a link to photos from the December Orlando Cars and Café meet, Toys for Tots: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kabelphoto/sets/72157625501505751/

Despite the weather, I would say the OAC Toys for Tots toy drive was a great success. Below are samples from the set:

Bit of a downer when the rain came in, but we still had a good meet