Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2005, 08:50 PM   #1

S100 Wax loves Silver.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 04:52 PM   #2

what kind of wax is this? S100?? Who's it made by?
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 05:56 PM   #3

Very nice. Is that an Acrylic?
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:18 PM   #4

S100 is the big competitor to P21s.
P21 significantly raised their price this year and S100 is still $15 a jar.
Both are 100% Carnauba.
S100 is a little softer than p21s and from what is said, is better on metallics.
Both are great on Black. If you click on my signature you can see my Black Miata which had only P21s. It added sparkle to the 10 foot deep Klasse reflection.
All my toys get the excessive layering of Klasse SG. But once you add the Carnauaba topper you can no longer layer the acrylic Klasse.
In between monthly S100 layers I use Sonus Carnauba spritz, works fantastic.

p.s. I just used Meguiars NXT on the wheels and the lower egdges of the body work. Brake dust and road debris wipes right off.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:36 PM   #5
Lux

S100 is, for all intents and purposes, the same as P21S. They are from the same manufacturer. Detailing forums that I've browsed have pretty much said that they are the same. Except like perfectlap said, S100 is a whole lot cheaper. Why? Marketing. You can get S100 at your local motorcycle dealer (usually Harley Davidson).

Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:47 AM   #6

Lux,
does your car look good in the Sun too? I've always noticed daily driven black cars have a tougher time of hiding imperfections at high noon.
But come sundown nothing looks better than Black.
If I have a three car garage some day a Black and Red GT3 with BBS wheels will be my first choice.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:04 PM   #7
Lux

True, a lot of black cars look like **************** in direct sunlight and under flourescent light due to swirl marks and owner neglect. However, my last 5 cars have been black so I've kinda figured out how to keep them looking good (only microfiber towels, thank you).

Also, out of all the different waxes and polishes I've used I find Meguires' NXT to have very good swirl filling properties that hide what minor swirls are there. So to answer your question, the car looks great in sunlight. The worst thing about being a daily driver is the rock chips I'm getting on my bumper/hood...you can't just polish those out.

Here's a pic of my '95 M3 when I sold it. The car was 9 years old (granted it had less than 50K miles). Paint was perfect minus a few rock chips.

Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:19 AM   #8

Talking

Black is quite tough but doable. Once you get the finish where you want it, I find Klasse Sealer is tops for deepening and protecting.

Getting to the finish you want is a whole other matter but can be done with time and tecnnique.

Better to buy it new and keep it pristine, no?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:59 AM   #9

Hi Perfect Lap
I have a black Porshe. I want to get the paint wet looking and super glossy like yours.
right now I have Klasse AIO and Klasse SG. I also have Megiaur finishing spray.

I wanted to get S100
What is the correct order.

Did you say to use Klasse AIO first, then multiple layers of klasse SG and then a final layer of S100

Is this correct
Please help
thanks
Joji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:01 AM   #10

yes that's the right order.

I once did 30 layers of Klasse SG and it was like a candy apple, lasted for months!

but the key is not in waxing but what you do before waxing in other words the prep work that you do before waxing will give your paint 90% of its punch.

1- Wash the car twice at least.
2- Clay every panel of the car until the clay glides smoothly and effortlessly.
If you don't do this the wax job will show flawes.
3-Wash the car after claying, the clay bar may have loosened pollutants and sediments that you don't want to smear across the paint. The worst thing you can do.
***On a black car I would do at least one coat of 3M rubbing Compound(for black cars) to smooth the rough edges of your swirls. This will improve the "daytime" shine 100% If you don't do this the hard edges of your swrils will reflect light and look terrible. I rarely see a black car whose owner bothers to do this.***

4.Klasse ALL in One with a foam applicator applied evenly and never in circles or removed in circles. I do AIO twice since its only used a few times a year.
5-Klasse SG, one drop per panel using a damp MF applicator. Remove using a slightly damp towel. I like to use Sonus Acrylic Spritz, its made from the same ingredients as Klasse SG and will get rid of the very common streaking caused by using more than one drop of SG.Each SG layer has to sit for at least 8 hours. I once did 30 layers over a month.

Once you get to your 7th layer (at least! ) put away the Klasse bottle for six months and get out the S100 and use this once a month.
I use Sonus Carnauba SpritZ after my weekly or biweekly wash. Very important:
Spend a few bucks on QUALITY towels. I use Sonus Der Wunder polishing towels to remove waxes, they have looped ends and not open 'prickly' ends like most auto store Microfiber towels. And for final buffing of S100 I use a dedicated buffing towel like Meguair's Gold Class.

Other products I really like:
Klasee VLRP for black plastic and vinyl interiors. Makes it look new not Armor ALL!
1Z Rubber and Vinyl for tires, nice deep dark matte finish.
Meguairs' NXT for wheels, last weeks.
1Z Leather to clean seats and Lexol to 'moisten'
Einman Fabric or Woolite for your carpets with the Meguiars Gold Class carpet brush.

Here's a nice pic of black and S100

Last edited by Perfectlap; 11-10-2005 at 11:10 AM.