Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2005, 08:02 AM   #1

Houston, TX Boxster Meet!

2 PM, Memorial Park... I don't know exactly where we'll meet just yet, but PM me as soon as you read this with your interest and we'll figure out a place to meet up.

I just thought it might be good to meet one another, have a look at each other's cars, then drive somewhere nearby for a beer.

Call me on my cell if you like!

Randall Neighbour
832-660-7834

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:03 AM   #2

Randall Neighbour,

I would love to get a Houston meet together. Momemntum Porsche is putting on a Top Down event this Saturday might be a good place to meet other Boxster owners.

Michael Legere
832-875-4412

Last edited by MLegere; 04-01-2005 at 08:27 PM.
MLegere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:29 PM   #3

Hey guys,
Randall says there are a total of 4 of us on this forum. Anybody know any others?
Old 07-01-2005, 12:55 PM   #4

NIOStyle, I just PM'd Mike about doing a little driving up Brenham way where a friend who has a fast bike goes. Lots of twisties up there. Idea is to do it next weekend, after the holiday is passed to aleviate traffic issues.

The ball is in Mike's (MLegere) court to see what his work schedule is—he has odd hours so I thought I'd work around him to begin with.

I'll post more as to where and when when he contacts me. I could do it either Saturday morning or Sunday morning. I think early is better due to the unbelievable heat we're experiencing.

Somebody better say a prayer or hire a rain dancer soon!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:11 PM   #5

Randall,

Per our conversation today, count me in for Saturday.

Mike

2003 Audi TT quattro Coupe
6-speed 225 HP Black/Black/Black
it's stock...no really it's stock man

My other car was a 2001 Boxster

Last edited by MLegere; 07-01-2005 at 03:02 PM.
MLegere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:33 PM   #6

Here's the plan!

Date: Saturday, July 9th
Time: We will leave to head out of town at 8 am
Place: Advantage Porsche Audi (It will be locked up, but meet in front of the gates)
Time Back: Noon

I can't find my notes from my buddy who told me where some deserted roads are in the general Bellville/Brenham direction, but I'll look for them tonight when I go home and post a plan of action!

If you live in or near Houston and want to do this, then by all means post your interest here and PM me as well with your cell phone number.

This is gonna be cool! (Well, not so cool after about 11 am, but what the heck, we gotta do this sometime!)
Old 07-01-2005, 02:03 PM   #7

Have you thought about having more cars than just 3? 10 would sound nice! But don't count me in just yet. If I don't have to go out of town the 9th, I'm in.

I'm Geo by the way.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:07 PM   #8

Geo, well of course we'd like at least 10 Boxsters! There just arent' that many forum participants to our knowledge that live in Houston.

I think I'll bring a flyer to the parts counters at Momentum and Advantage next week though—we might be able to scare up some new Boxster owners.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:53 PM   #9

Hey guys, just got confirmation that I won't be available for this weekend. Have fun if you go through with the drive and take pictures. Let's get together next time when the weather is conducive for our convertibles.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:32 AM   #10

Hey Mike and Stanislaus:

I will meet you both at Advantage Saturday morning promptly at 8 am. Call me if you're running late!!!

I have secured a great route that will take us to twisty roads and a long straight away for high speed driving if anyone wants to do some 100+ runs. I have detailed maps for everyone.

We should be back no later than 12:30.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 07-07-2005 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:30 PM   #11

Looking forward to some fun in the sun! Time to clean the 986S and enjoy some time out on the open roads!

Stanislaus R.R.
Cypress, Texas - USA
www.rothbauer.us
Rothbauer_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:35 AM   #12

One last post for all you Houston area Boxster owners!!!

8 am - Advantage Porsche Audi on I-10 between Dairy Ashford and Kirkwood, South side of the freeway

Please call me on my cell when you read this so I can create a "whose gonna be there list" so we don't forget you and I have enough maps! 832-660-7834

We'll be driving out Fry road to an FM road that will take us out to Brenham, Sealy, Up north from there and then back again. There's twisty roads and straight ones for open throttle driving if you are interested.

Please be at Advantage's gates before 8 am as the route will require us to leave as close to 8 am as possible.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:11 AM   #13

Ahh... Porsche, there is no substitute! Randell those roads you routed for our Saturday Rally was a great way to open up my Boxster S after getting the 30k service done to it a few weeks ago. I hit 143mph passing up mike in his Audi TT (Sorry Mike, Porsche 986S Rules!) ;P) Still, we had a great time just going thru some twisty roads.

I look forward to seeing more Boxster for our next event.

Stanislaus R.R.
Cypress, Texas - USA
www.rothbauer.us
Old 02-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to GSuarez
Buying my first Boxster

Hello to all of you Boxster owners in Houston!

A friend of mine is re-furbishing his 1968 Firebird and he's just about done with it. He was telling me that he had joined a club for Firebird owners. Anyway; I was telling him that I'm about to buy a 02 Porsche Boxster at the first of March.

He told me to go on the internet to look for the same.

Well, here I am. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you guys at Memorial and taking it from there.

Gilbert
GSuarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:27 AM   #15

Gilbert, tell us all about your boxster since we can't get together soon enough.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:58 PM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to GSuarez
My Porsche

Been busy as hell at work..lol..

Mike,

To answer your question. It's a 02' Boxster with a couple of the "S" upgrades; front and back lights. It's black, black rag-top, stick with tan/yellow interior. Finallizing evertything this weekend. It's pretty sweet. I'm so excited about it. I"m buying it from my boss.

I'm sure today you "boxster owners" had your tops down..lol

Looking forward to it.
GSuarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:19 AM   #17

Gilbert,

Sounds like we have a few Black Boxsters now in the club. We really need to start meeting at Memorial park at least every month to get to know everyone. I am sure if a few Boxsters are in the parking lot other will follow...

Randall, Have you found any other new members that are willing to meet with other Boxsters owners?

What does everyone think of the NEW Cayman S?

Stanislaus R.R.
Cypress, Texas - USA
www.rothbauer.us
Old 02-25-2006, 06:41 AM   #18

You know, I visit with about one boxster owner every other month and a vast majority of them look at me like a calf at a new gate when I ask them if they want to drive around the hills of Brenham or meet other boxster owners in town. They're not passionate owners. It's just the next car they decided to drive. I gotta say that it really disappoints me.

I think we can easily put together something that the local PCA will advertise for free if we schedule it. They like it when others get busy with meetings.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:25 AM   #19

Randall,

Looks like we need to attend a PCA DE at TWS to see how many Boxster are attending as they must be from or close to the Houston area? I guess I will have to agree with you on the fact that the owners are just driving a Porsche and could care less about a club.

Stanislaus R.R.
Cypress, Texas - USA
www.rothbauer.us
Old 02-25-2006, 02:58 PM   #20

Um, you think we need to drop $225 just to meet other PCA boxster owners?

How about I email the PCA rep and ask him to email all the boxster owners when we decide to meet for a beer somewhere or make another run? Free.

Can you tell I'm broke these days? I'd love to do a DE and learn from you in particular, but my 45k living and dining room renovation complete with foundation work and plasma TV has my wife's panties in a twist. No Boxster mods or trips to the track for the rest of the year is what she said the other day. (Not that I do everything she tells me to do or not do, but I must say she's the cash-wise part of the marriage, so I listen when she makes comments like this because she's right!)

Somebody PLEASE feel sorry for me