Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #21

it's okay man. yea it stopped when i got there.
yupp. im going to the meet in azusa
i guess ill see you there.
there's no excuse this time because
it's not going to rain this time

fu03steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #22
Track rat

Garage
Kart Night Tuesday in the IE

Kart Night Tuesday in the IE.

A group of us have been doing this about once a month. You all are invited to join us. Great guys night out for track hounds. Hone your driving skills like the F-1 drivers do off season. Special rate: pay for two races and get the 3rd race free(about $40). If we have enough drivers we may do a Grand Prix for trophies.

Meet me (Guards Red 986) at Starbucks Milliken Ave and Mall Dr. near Ontario Mills (10 & 15 Fwys) at 6:30 pm Tues. 10/16 . The new indoor track is around the corner. See you there.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:01 AM   #23
kt1

Bummer, guess I missed both. I live in the dusty ol' Riverside area.
kt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:01 PM   #24

Guys want to meet on Tuesdays- Starbucks on Baseline/DayCreek. Lets get together.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:20 PM   #25

I'm in..

I'm doing Boxster work in this area.. so I should probably show up and *sponsor* some of the events..

I'm up off of Sapphire north of the 210

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:55 AM   #26
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Roberts
I'm in..

I'm doing Boxster work in this area.. so I should probably show up and *sponsor* some of the events..

I'm up off of Sapphire north of the 210

B
Dude!
That's not San Diego. That's Cucamonga.
I am in Red Hill.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:29 AM   #27

I moved No race tracks in San Diego Felt odd sitting in traffic all those years every time I left for Buttonwillow/Fontucky/Willow Springs. Now I sit in a *little* less traffic.. :LOL:

Are you the top dog for the Box 2.5 class in SoCal?

Why do I see NO AutoX or TT events for Riverside region?? I move into this area with more tracks and more space to hold AutoX and I see ZIP going on. What gives??

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #28
Track rat

Garage
QUOTE=Brad Roberts]I moved No race tracks in San Diego Felt odd sitting in traffic all those years every time I left for Buttonwillow/Fontucky/Willow Springs. Now I sit in a *little* less traffic.. :LOL:

Are you the top dog for the Box 2.5 class in SoCal?

Why do I see NO AutoX or TT events for Riverside region?? I move into this area with more tracks and more space to hold AutoX and I see ZIP going on. What gives??

B[/QUOTE]
Brad,
Good to have you here. Calif. Speedway and Willow Springs are where the action is for our area. While SD-PCA, OC-PCA, and PCA-GPX are very active with driving events the Riverside region is pretty dormant.

Nope, not the top dog here. Plenty of drivers still faster than me. Graeme recently moved to the OC from Colorado. He is a multiple time National Champion with the SCCA and probably the Boxster to beat in So. Cal.

The next major event in our area is the Festival of speed April 4,5,6 at Calif. Speedway. I am planning to run in the Time Trials there. We will also be working the starting grid for the Club, Spec, and Vintage races. It should be a great weekend.

Tonight a group of us are Karting at K2 in Ontario at 7pm. You are welcome to join us if you need to get in a little apex time.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:36 AM   #29

Are the K2 karts electric or gas? I have ran Mirimar, Moran, and a place in Carlsbad.

Happy to be in this area (closer to my dad now) and looking forward to meeting some more Boxster people!

Even if K2 is electric, I may do a fly by to say *hello*

B
Old 02-12-2008, 11:52 AM   #30
Track rat

Garage
It is actually K1 Speed by the Ontario Mills 10/15 interchange. Probably the same as the one in Carlsbad. 20 hp, all electric, limited to 50mph. We have a regular group of 8 that go once a month. Ages range from 20-50. We run for about an hour and then cool down at Outback with some suds.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:18 PM   #31

Just found out I have a meeting with the POC president this evening... time isn't set. Maybe I can still swing in. ARe you guy's easy to spot? Anyone with green or red hair?? Tattoo's?? or is this group 3 piece suits and ties tucked in??

B
Old 02-12-2008, 12:37 PM   #32
Track rat

Garage
Just average guys. We will be the group that doesn't look like Ricers.

Nice ride! I think we have the same CUP wheels except mine are not painted red.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #33

Sold that one.. Onto the next one. That is hilarious.. (not the Ricers) LOL

That was the first car built for BoxsterSpec testing

B
Old 02-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #34
Track rat

Garage
Perhaps we could do a meet & greet at Starbucks Baseline/Day Creek at say 6:30pm tonight and anyone interested in doing a little Kart tossing can follow us to K1 Speed at 7pm.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:49 PM   #35

I'm out I have to leave here by 5pm to make it to Santa Monica for the POC meeting by 7pm. Just odd timing. My meeting is pretty important and getting face time with the pres of POC can be tough

B
Old 02-27-2008, 09:50 AM   #36

Ok.. free time!

You guy's running karts tonight?

B
Old 04-08-2008, 12:11 AM   #37

i didnt know theres Boxsters out here by me...
Alta Loma, Rancho...
maybe we can grab a coffee or breakfast one of these days
and get to know each other

Steve
Old 04-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #38

When the weather is decent.. I see them out and about!! I *should* be picking up a 05 S next Monday if everything goes right

B
Old 04-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #39

Did you attend the large PCA event at Fontucky Speedway this past weekend? I was there supporting a few Boxster time trial guy's.

B
Old 04-10-2008, 12:27 PM   #40

nice !! a 987 S
is it going to be your second boxster?

yeah!! i was at the speedway on saturday...
along with the rest of PCars.US members