Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #1

porsche service denied my question...

I have been trying to figure out for days how to remove the blinds off my intake to perform that little desnorking mod and try to gather results and data on it. I see where it clips in but don't see how to remove the clips w/out snapping them.

No one seems to have the answer. I even called my service department and the woman said the techs wouldn't give me an answer because they didn't want to be liable for a mod. I told her it wasn't a mod at all and she started babbling so I interrupted her and asked her how much a service manual would cost. $2000...

I'm sorry, does that come w/ cocaine?

I am lost here. Is there ANYONE who can help? This is for a 987.

Last edited by Brucelee; 03-07-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Bavarian Motorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:05 PM   #2
bmussatti

BM, you should edit your post to remove the profanity, or else this tread will get locked-down.

There is an old thread on RennTech that explains how to remove the vents on the 987. A few Forum members here have done it too. From what I have read, you need too pull down and out on the vents pretty hard. I don't know if you need to remove any screws/clips prior.

Do a search and read the RennTech post.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
bmussatti

This should help:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5804&hl=mystery
Old 03-07-2007, 02:14 PM   #4

Wink

"BM, you should edit your post to remove the profanity, or else this tread will get locked-down."

Already taken care of!

Thanks

The politeness police!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #5

BM... might as well Coke-Cola and ask them if they can give you the recipe

Of course no one will volunteer that information. As a Porsche dealer you are responsible to the Porsche company and ensuring their products are maintained properly for consumer consumption. not give away family secrets or make changes that Porsche may deem would violate your warranty ..

Yes, the official manual is not cheap.. Then again, only dealers and Independents would have the ability to amortize the costs. I know there are some (ie, not sure about 987) but you can download from porsches website a whole bunch of technical info and manuals. I have done this for the 986.
1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian Motorist

I'm sorry, does that come w/ cocaine?

LOL ..

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #7

I can see why the service department didn't want to tell you in fear of being liable for anything that happened. Last summer i called the serice department of my boat dealership and they gave me instructions over the phone on how to fix something. While in the process of trying to fix my boat i broke off a bolt head. I took it into them and that had to pull the motor to get the screw out. This would have cost me $1,500 but they did it for free since the service deparment told me it was ok to remove those bolts when they shouldn't be removed.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:15 AM   #8

I swear I replied to this...

Anyways, I don't see how telling me how to remove the blinds is different from, say, telling me how to access my engine.

Accessing an engine is the first step to modding, and hard-core modding at that. Would they liable in that case?

All I want is access to that area. What mods could I POSSIBLY DO?