Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2021, 07:17 AM   #41

Describe your definition of easy hahaha

Based on my research, only a handful seem to be cross compatible. Anything after 987, it's a no-go. I hope I am wrong.

Old 07-02-2021, 05:48 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Describe your definition of easy hahaha

Based on my research, only a handful seem to be cross compatible. Anything after 987, it's a no-go. I hope I am wrong.
I didn't break anything when I did it the first time, so I consider that my benchmark for "easy" lol.

Check out my diy thread on the bushing replacements. It took me 20ish min to do (the car was already on jack stands)

Thanks for the heads up about the 987. Even that helps open up the search options.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2021, 06:56 AM   #43

Update:

So I now have both front and rear Tarett GT3 sway bars. Fronts will be using the Elephant Racing adjustable sway bar endlinks whereas the rear will use the Tarett adjustable sway bars. Any recommendations on where to start with the mounting holes, both front and back?
Old 07-06-2021, 12:22 PM   #44

generally front bar you want fairly soft. 1 notch off full soft or full soft. Rear middle setting is a good neutral set up. If you prefer oversteer, stiffen it up.
Quadcammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:21 PM   #45

Thanks Quadcammer (and the reply to my PM!) Much appreciated!

Setting it soft up front (meaning furthers from the car?) what would that do and what characteristics would one experience driving, as opposed to setting it closer to the bar?
Old 07-08-2021, 02:52 PM   #46

As a general principle...soft bar...more grip.

As the car generally tends to understeer, a soft bar in front, combined with a stiffer bar in the rear would push the car to be more neutral. Some guys who run square don't even run a rear bar to try to get the car to rotate.
Quadcammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:08 PM   #47

Installed the Tarett GT3 front sway bar with Elephant Racing sway bar end links using the first hole (softest.) It made a difference in the overall handling when making turns.

I also replaced the annoying rear track arm with the 987 version by TRW. That got rid of the annoying crash and bang once and for all when going over small fine cracks and bumps on the road.