Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2006, 06:37 PM   #1

My 2002 boxster shot gas back.

First allow me to say that I hope some body can tell me. I would like to know why my 2002 boxster that I just got last firday will not allow me to pump gas with out it coming back out at me an all over my car. I can put gas in the car if I use a gas can. I was able to get this problem fix.

But I got my car back now when I open the driver side door you know the window should come down just a bit but what it does is go up. When I open the door from the inside of the car, the window comes down then pop right back up. So when I try to shut my door the window hit the top.

zzzaj

Last edited by ZZZAJ; 10-12-2006 at 05:30 AM.
ZZZAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #2

try to shoot it at diff angles....the box was known to have that problem some time..u can put gas in ur tank with a jerry can is because theres no pressure monitor on ur jerry can...but the pump guns do...so they pop back the handle when ur tank is full..that being said..

its just that ur car's tube tot he tank itself it simulating the fullness of the tank and the gas pump thinks it full...try at diff angles that usally helps..

good luck!
01boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:29 AM   #3

Hi,

There's a chronic issue with the fuel filler tubes on some Boxsters. It requires removing the pump/filter (on an '02), level sender and tying the two filler tubes to the rod w/ nylon ties so that it is held out of the way. Pretty easy procedure, but you need to remove the battery and tray to access it. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:44 AM   #4

Jim, you forgot to mention the use of a special tool to get to the fuel sending unit on which those filler tubes reside. Have you tried doing it with something lying around a typical garage, or is that special tool a requirement?
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Jim, you forgot to mention the use of a special tool to get to the fuel sending unit on which those filler tubes reside. Have you tried doing it with something lying around a typical garage, or is that special tool a requirement?

Hi,

There is a special tool, but it's not necessary. I helped a friend do it with a punch and ballpeen hammer, using it gently of course...

MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

There is a special tool, but it's not necessary. I helped a friend do it with a punch and ballpeen hammer, using it gently of course...

Best to use non-sparking tools when working with/around gas tanks. Brass, plastic or rubber faced, but never steel to steel.

JackG is offline   Reply With Quote