Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #1

Triple beep when locking

My 2007 Boxster base triple beeps when I press the Lock button on the remote & also by manually turning the key to lock the door. The remote will not lock the doors only unlock them. I have to turn the key twice in quick succession to manually lock the door. The trunk and frunk options both work normally. I know a double beep indicates a open door or a malfunction so I checked those items. Has anyone experienced this previously I've searched and haven't found anything. Thanks guys

IrishMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:57 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishMike View Post
My 2007 Boxster base triple beeps when I press the Lock button on the remote & also by manually turning the key to lock the door. The remote will not lock the doors only unlock them. I have to turn the key twice in quick succession to manually lock the door. The trunk and frunk options both work normally. I know a double beep indicates a open door or a malfunction so I checked those items. Has anyone experienced this previously I've searched and haven't found anything. Thanks guys
Mike, on my car ('07 CS) the triple beep means that something is not properly closed (hood, rear hatch or the passenger door), perhaps one of these needs a bit of adjustment to close tighter (..?)

Good luck!
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:07 PM   #3

Garage
You should see a warning light when trying to drive off if its an improperly closed door or lid.
2009 Mercedes Benz CLK 350 convertible
1941 Dodge Luxury Liner Coupe
Anker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:34 PM   #4
Lew
So Blessed!

Garage
If my key locked console storage lid is not completely closed, the alarm will not work properly. Just a thought!
Old 08-07-2017, 02:21 PM   #5

Centre console has no lock but I've checked the glove box and locked it I'll have to check the sensors at each location to ensure they are are in proper working order.

If there is a door open and you get the triple beep, does the car not lock when toggled to do so?
Old 08-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #6

Instead of checking the sensors one by one, get the car scanned with a Porsche specific scan tool. The DME records the last ten alarm system faults in memory...........
Old 08-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #7

I just got a durametric tool so I'll scan it in the AM and post codes. I'm hoping it's not the central Alarm gone bad but that would be my luck
Old 08-08-2017, 07:16 AM   #8

Current fault code 8004 terminal 50.

It also lists part number 997.618.172.12

Any thoughts?
Old 08-08-2017, 07:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishMike View Post
Current fault code 8004 terminal 50.

It also lists part number 997.618.172.12

Any thoughts?
This fault means “Supply voltage at terminal 50” this was often caused by a disconnected battery or an internal failure in the PAS control module. Porsche Access System PAS Module: P/N 997.618.172.12

If the PAS module is bad, a new one is around $430 at retail, and requires the use of a PIWIS to recode to the car.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 08-08-2017 at 07:47 AM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:57 AM   #10

Also showing a C124 soft top comfort control with part number 99761010703 control unit gateway. I'm assuming this part is the one under the drivers seat. Reasonably priced and easy to replace. My question is would this cause my triple beep? I'm not seeing a fault code for doors or either trunk. Thoughts or ideas please?
Old 08-08-2017, 07:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
This fault means “Supply voltage at terminal 50” this was often caused by a disconnected battery or an internal failure in the PAS control module. Porsche Access System PAS Module: P/N 997.618.172.12

If the PAS module is bad, a new one is around $430 at retail, and requires the use of a PIWIS to recode to the car.

I've reset that code and it's not returned so I'm guessing it was as you've stated a simple disconnect.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:21 PM   #12

If I replace the control unit gateway would that need to be recoded with a PIWIS as well? Anyone know?

I found a used unit for $45