Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2017, 11:36 AM   #1
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Durametric Actual Values - How are my readings?

Hi Everyone,

I hooked up my Durametric today to check all of my actual values against what they should be. There were a few readings that where a tiny bit off, I am hoping someone can let me know if everything looks good, or if there is anything I should be concerned about or monitor more closely. Car was warm at idle, but not fully at operating temperature. Also, what are Segment A & B?

18kg/h Spec Air Mass
Expected: 15.5 +/- 0.25

3kg/h Spec Air Adaptation
Expected: 1.5 +/- 0.05

1.9ms Injection Time
Expected: 2.2 +/- 0.1

1.00 Range 2 Cylinder 1-3 (FRA)
1.00 Range 2 Cylinder 4-6 (FRA2)
Expected 0.96 +/- 0.03

-3.0crk Camshaft Position 1 Deviation
-3.0crk Camshaft Position 2 Deviation
Expected: 0 +/- 4

1 Segment (A)
Expected 0.01

1 Segment (B)
Expected 1.0

Thanks,
-Rick

Old 05-29-2017, 07:52 AM   #2

Rick,
Wayne mentioned dong a write-up on this subject in the link below.It would be very useful for lots of us if someone could find it or a substitute
Bought the Durametric but I need help understanding the numbers - Pelican Parts Technical BBS
Note that in the linked Thread someone bought the Boxster OBD2 Diagnostic Manual and found it not very useful. They come up on EBay but are for the 1997 and may not have the later supplements.They are also very expensive considering their limited utility. Fleabay item number:351406463666
I have found bits and pieces on Renntech but no comprehensive diy oriented write up.
This may also help:
Porsche - Durametric Logging 101: How to, and what to do with it afterwards
&
Be sure you updated the software to the latest version - it fixed some glitches.

Last edited by Gelbster; 05-29-2017 at 08:06 AM.
Gelbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:12 AM   #3
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Thanks Gelbster, that link is helpful! Hopefully someone will create a comprehensive guide to help everyone get the most of the Durametric. I used a few pages pulled from the 986 Service Manual Diagnostic section that lists what the actual values should be, but there is no explanation of what the values mean or what slightly higher or lower values indicate (plus I don't like using likely outdated info pulled from the pdf service manuals). I was going to try and compile a guide, but there simply isn't much information out there about a lot of these things, and if there is it tends to be really technical.