Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2017, 04:14 AM   #1

m534 immobiliser u/s

hi whilst trying to find out why my after market c/l wouldnt work i dropped the seat onto my immobiliser. having doe a bit of research I have found a matching immobiliser that need cloning. does anybody have recommendations or idea of prices for this procedure

Craig030774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:39 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig030774 View Post
hi whilst trying to find out why my after market c/l wouldnt work i dropped the seat onto my immobiliser. having doe a bit of research I have found a matching immobiliser that need cloning. does anybody have recommendations or idea of prices for this procedure
Depending upon the year of the car, you need either a PST II or PIWIS unit to do the coding.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Depending upon the year of the car, you need either a PST II or PIWIS unit to do the coding.
its a 99 model so are you saying i dont need to send the immobilizers off
to recode
Old 04-07-2017, 09:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig030774 View Post
its a 99 model so are you saying i dont need to send the immobilizers off
to recode
No. The Porsche diagnostic systems can program the immobilizer to the keys for the car, assuming that all the key "slots" in the system have not been used, and then program the car's DME to accept the immobilizer itself (the have to "handshake" with each other before the car will start).
Old 04-09-2017, 06:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
No. The Porsche diagnostic systems can program the immobilizer to the keys for the car, assuming that all the key "slots" in the system have not been used, and then program the car's DME to accept the immobilizer itself (the have to "handshake" with each other before the car will start).
Ok will call an independent to see if they can do that. Unfortunately I cannot open the rear boot due to the immobiliser being kaput to gain access to the ecu.locking but is in the boot aswell so will struggle to access the emergency pull