Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #1

Should I get a 30k or what???

I have been shopping prices in my area for a 30k service for my 01S. I was quoted 950.00 by my local, not so friendly, Porsche dealer. They mentioned only a few things that caught my attention... Change the oil, Change the cabin and air filter... Air filter not an issue I have an Evo intake, Clear the electronic memory history or something and adjust clutch cable and e-brake cable... Now $950.00 seems like a hell of alot for mostly inspection services. I was quoted by a very reputable Porsche shop non dealer $650.00 for the following... Porsche menu 30k service, Spark plug change, and coolant flush. Now we are talking....

I personally was going to go ala carte... I want to get the oil service, plug change and coolant flush only. I can do the cabin filter myself.

Any advice on the above... I am out of warranty by the way on the age of my vehicle, but i only have 29k miles.

Thanks!

AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:09 PM   #2

Personally I would not be able to give you any advice because mine is due for the 60K service. I was quoted by a local porsche dealership that it would cost around $ 1,200.00 for the service. Don't know if this is reasonable but after reading other posts, I assume this price is correct.

As for now, mine '00 S is in the shop to have the GT3 bumper and sideskirts installed. Can't wait til I get it back.

Good luck!

Richard
rctboxsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #3

30K/60K service part cost is around $295-320 for the kit(OEM brand spark plugs, filters, belts, etc...)from PAP Parts or Vertex Auto. Add the cost of Oil, brake fluid, etc....I would say $650(parts/labor) is not a bad deal for a 30k service....BTW, the coolant doesnt need to be changed since it is a "lifetime" fluid(personally, id change ANY "lifetime" type of coolant every 60k-just for insurance).

Last edited by spine911; 06-11-2006 at 04:33 PM.
spine911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:25 PM   #4

There is no such thing as a lifetime liquid, unless you mean the lifetime of the component that will fail if you don't change the liquid.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote