Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2014, 04:33 AM   #41
Artist, 986S tinkerer

Yes!
Betcha it feels good to finally see positive results!

YouTube channel: the PORSCHE as seen by NewArt
www.youtube.com/channel/UCohdrH2xHTklM1thxk0KKOQ?
NewArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:09 AM   #42

Thanks for the support guys.

Its a great relief to have cleared that major hurdle without spending much $$$.

Now I'm reading about the Door lock issue and have found several tricks and background info on what that could be.

Apparently the Key FOB can loose its programming/sync at several levels and there are several ways to restore it.

Since I kept my original Key, but replaced the donor RFID pill and transmitter part I did not think there should be any issue like this.

It is possible that the button on the FOB may be faulty by one description that I read, and the donor car did crash so...

I'll document what I find here and especially if one of the DIY methods work.

Just an FYI, the Mileage on the car remained the same when I replaced the computer ECU. That info must be stored in the instrument clusters memory.

However all the other info like revs in various ranges, total hours, the VIN paint codes, options and other stuff are from the ECU.

I suppose I could get all that changed at the dealer but since Im not thinking of selling its of no consequence at this point. I'll add all that info to my documentation file though just in case its ever needed.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:37 AM   #43

Update: I have been having codes come up again P1133, P1126, P0507, P0420, P0102.

And its been running rough with hunting idle again. Other times it seems to run perfect and the codes go away.

So I suspected the MAF again although its only 6 months old and a couple hundred miles.

I opened the filter and looked inside and found bits dark schredded of paper/foil near the drain hole in the airbox on the clean side of the filter. I have no idea how that got in there but it may have fouled the MAF.

I sprayed the MAF with MAF Cleaner and also the plug contacts on the MAF and the Harness side.

I cleared the codes and now it runs perfect again with no codes. Hurray!
I hate that stupid MAF, its so temperamental.

Perhaps I need to buy one from a dealer next time as there are suggestions out there that the dealers get the better quality MAF's.
Seems implausible that the same SKU product comes in different grades. I'd be interested in the QC test parameters so we can measure for ourselves
to verify the unit is up to Porsche specs, what ever that may be.

Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 03-31-2015 at 07:44 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote