View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 07:37 AM   #43
jb92563

Update: I have been having codes come up again P1133, P1126, P0507, P0420, P0102.

And its been running rough with hunting idle again. Other times it seems to run perfect and the codes go away.

So I suspected the MAF again although its only 6 months old and a couple hundred miles.

I opened the filter and looked inside and found bits dark schredded of paper/foil near the drain hole in the airbox on the clean side of the filter. I have no idea how that got in there but it may have fouled the MAF.

I sprayed the MAF with MAF Cleaner and also the plug contacts on the MAF and the Harness side.

I cleared the codes and now it runs perfect again with no codes. Hurray!
I hate that stupid MAF, its so temperamental.

Perhaps I need to buy one from a dealer next time as there are suggestions out there that the dealers get the better quality MAF's.
Seems implausible that the same SKU product comes in different grades. I'd be interested in the QC test parameters so we can measure for ourselves
to verify the unit is up to Porsche specs, what ever that may be.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 03-31-2015 at 07:44 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote