Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #1

Garage
Unhappy strange window problem - help!!

hi all,
I,ve only had my boxster for a few months so am still getting used to it-everything so far has been great apart from the "sun visor" problem that try as I may to resolve the situation it looks like it will be "a new one" - however today I lowered the windows but on putting them back "up" again they would only go up three quarters of the way (approx. to the same level that they do when they lower themselves on roof activation) I then took the roof down & the windows worked perfectly - up fully & down fully no problem - I tried again with the roof closed & same problem - has anyone come across this problem before & have a remedy please - thankyou for reading - hope someone can shed some light on the problem,i,m baffled !!

swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #2

it's most likely the case of bad switch in the recess where the top latches to the windshield frame.
with the top fully UP or down, if the waring light for the top (right most warning lamp) goes out, then the culprit is a small switch in the molding where the top hook grabs.
with the top all the way up, see if you can poke at the switch. if it is matter of it being recessed too far and the switch is functional, then the windows should roll all the way up. else most likely the switch needs replacing.
good luck

sb01box is offline   Reply With Quote