Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #21

I am starting to like the idea of a manual handle more and more. One could rev and flip the handle even while rolling through the paddok or the last straight on a cool down. This way you can let the engine idle/cool before shut down avoiding avoiding a fresh fuel charge in the cylinders if that's still an issue these days. I suppose one could piggy back the cable on the shifter cable route...hopefully without binding

Do you have a picture of your installation location location sound pretty unique! I didn't think there would be room there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAP1DOUG View Post
To the OP - I think this is a great thought, and could help chain guide life, which seems to be an issue for some.

Actually there are two vesrions of the electric valve system. One is a standard solenoid that Canton warns is for start-up pre-oiling only. I don't know why, but I had guessed it must be a reduced port size valve.

The other electric valve option is supposed to charge the accusump slowly, but flow out at a higher rate. I can't imagine how / why this works.

So, I just ordered the manual valve one too, as I don't trust the solenoid operating scheme, and yes solenoids do fail. I got the big 22" long one, which fits very nicely in the tunnel above the water lines.

Last edited by jaykay; 02-01-2012 at 11:49 AM.
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #22

Jake suggested cleaning them (we do this also) They are not scary rocket science. Fact is, they are very simple.

B
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
I am starting to like the idea of a manual handle more and more. One could rev and flip the handle even while rolling through the paddok or the last straight on a cool down. This way you can let the engine idle/cool before shut down avoiding avoiding a fresh fuel charge in the cylinders if that's still an issue these days. I suppose one could piggy back the cable on the shifter cable route...hopefully without binding

Do you have a picture of your installation location location sound pretty unique! I didn't think there would be room there..
I have been so busy at work, I haven't had time to finish my installation, but if you go over to Planet 9, and do a search for accusump, you can find a guy who mounted the 3 quart / 16" unit in the tunnel above the water lines. I have already test fit my 22" long unit there, and it fits fine. I just need to make some brackets and plumb it up.

986S
991S
Van Diemen RF97
LAP1DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote