Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 01:56 AM   #1

Poor Performance after storage

Hi all,

I had my 2.7 in storage for about 18 months & the battery went flat. So I figured the ECU would need to to learn again but it has been a few weeks of constant driving, some highway & some around town.

I have been giving it a bit of stick as you should, & it still seems to be under-performing, & has a flat spot at around 4K rpm.

I have changed the oil & air filters, ran some injector cleaner through it & cleaned the MAF but still the same.

Coughed & spluttered a lot when 1st started up but no issues now.

Any idea's what else I can check.

Thanks

2000 2.7 Boxster
aussieboxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:57 AM   #2

You could disconnect the MAF sensor wiring and see if the car runs better without it. My understanding is the car reverts to a set of stored lookup tables when it looses communication with the MAF. If it made a difference you could focus on the MAF. My local Porsche mechanic says he's never seen a MAF sensor successfully repaired by attempting to clean it. I bought some genuine MAF cleaner for my car but it didn't do anything. A new MAF solved my problems but I'm not trying to say your car has the same issues.
Dale_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:43 PM   #3

More info

I forgot to mention that the revs stay high between changes, ie it takes a second to drop the revs.

I will try disconnecting the MAF & see if it makes any difference.

2000 2.7 Boxster
aussieboxy is offline   Reply With Quote