Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2005, 07:38 AM   #1

Alignment Shop, San Diego

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good alignment shop in San Diego for my 98' Porsche Boxster? The front drivers side tire is wearing unevenly, the outside of it faster than the inside.

The local Porsche dealer at Pioneer Centres quoted me $189.00 for an alignment. I think that is a lot considering most independent shops will do an alignment for $50-60. My car is out of warranty, so I don't mind taking it elsewhere, but I don't want to take it to a place that hasn't done Boxsters before. I know very little about how to actually do an alignment; I'm not sure how simple it is, and if I could trust some ASE certified dude at Sears or PepBoys. If you have a recommendation or an opinion, I am all ears. Thanks,

Lawrence

larez2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:51 PM   #2

Talking

Yes, contact Dan Olguin at Dan's Precision Alignment (760-753-0481) and tell him that I sent you (Rich Belloff from Belloff Motor Works). Dan is a 20 yr pro at this with a great laser set up and he has done many cars for me.

Ask him if the $20 off special might apply even though I have not had a chance to send you the coupon that I have. I can do that also if need be!

Let me know how it works out for you!

Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larez2
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good alignment shop in San Diego for my 98' Porsche Boxster? The front drivers side tire is wearing unevenly, the outside of it faster than the inside.

The local Porsche dealer at Pioneer Centres quoted me $189.00 for an alignment. I think that is a lot considering most independent shops will do an alignment for $50-60. My car is out of warranty, so I don't mind taking it elsewhere, but I don't want to take it to a place that hasn't done Boxsters before. I know very little about how to actually do an alignment; I'm not sure how simple it is, and if I could trust some ASE certified dude at Sears or PepBoys. If you have a recommendation or an opinion, I am all ears. Thanks,

Lawrence
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:40 PM   #3

Thanks for the recommendation. They gave me $20 off just by saying your name

Another cool thing is they can take it tomorrow, and the guy (Dan's brother) on the phone was nice. Sweet.

Larez2
larez2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:43 PM   #4

Thumbs up

Great. They are good folks, let me know how they take care of you.

And don't forget to ride with that top down!!!!!!!!!!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote