Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #1

Che's product questionable!!!???

My tech is currently working on my 01 S I did the exhaust install last year and now I saved up to do the headers and intake. My tech informed me that he had some doubts about the headers and the mods that you have to do to make them work he also stated that parts for Porsches should be ready to go and not need any modifications, ie drilling holes, 02 replacement etc. He notice some issues with the exhaust, minor holes, cracks and rust, cracks around the welded areas etc.

My tech informed me that the product was very questionable and the parts were just ok. Qualitywise and performance could become an issue if I decide to proceed with the install. I have a good tech for sure he just doesnt install parts on cars and works on porsches and bmw and takes your money he informs the customer beforehand about any issues that may arrive. He is actually looking at other options for me and he will do his homework before he finalizes the install.

So thats my issue on Che's product! If anybody has ANY issues or concern please post them!

Thanks

chgolatin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #2

"parts for Porsches should be ready to go and not need any modifications, ie drilling holes, 02 replacement etc"

there's a pretty hefty cost savings from using che's stuff. plus, i understand his customer service is very good. finally, he verified his products' power gains independently with one of our forum members. he also has a very good track record on this site, with customers essentially 100% satisfied.

i would like to hear WHY your tech thinks the product is questionable and WHY the parts are just 'ok.' is it the metal gage? metallurgy? welds? bends? finish? design?

if someone gives their opinion that something is great or isn't so great, i want to know why. if they can't tell me, then i don't usually pay them much mind. plus, che's the kind of guy that would take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to heart and incorporate changes to his product IF they were warranted. of course, he'll need to know what the specific issues are so he can address them (if he feels compelled to do so).

also, your tech might be great, but he also might get a kick back from other suppliers. there COULD be a financial motive here.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #3

[QUOTE=insite

i would like to hear WHY your tech thinks the product is questionable and WHY the parts are just 'ok.' is it the metal gage? metallurgy? welds? bends? finish? design?

He said "He notice some issues with the exhaust, minor holes, cracks and rust, cracks around the welded areas etc." It's in his post below. How much clear can someone be?
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #4

Che's product

I am not saying his products are not worth consideration saving money is the objective here and i am not trying to give Che a bad name, personally I am pointing out the issues. Che will correct the issue for sure and I he is a super nice guy to deal with but I am pointing out the facts what was pointed out to me visually. Of course I could get the parts fixed with a welder but why should I bother with that??? I shouldnt have to fix a product the product should work flawlessly.

The exhaust has tiny holes cracks by the welded areas, also, loose baffles, and the retainer clip between the 2 outlet is cracked already. Keep in mind that I havent had this exhaust for a year. I am sure that Che will take care of the issue. When you purchase a product you expect to product to work and perform well not break, have rattles, cracked retainers etc. So, with that said. You get what you pay for PERIOD!

Now I have to unistall the exhaust and re-install a new one now who is losing money here??? I have pay my tech and my tech is NOT the type of guy that seeks financial gains from anybody. He has worked on my M3, M5, 540 BMWs for years with no issues and I have saved alot of money with him and his honest opinion.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chgolatin2
I am not saying his products are not worth consideration saving money is the objective here and i am not trying to give Che a bad name, personally I am pointing out the issues. Che will correct the issue for sure and I he is a super nice guy to deal with but I am pointing out the facts what was pointed out to me visually. Of course I could get the parts fixed with a welder but why should I bother with that??? I shouldnt have to fix a product the product should work flawlessly.....
well, all that having been said, i'd be on here writing about the issue, too. i don't personally own any of his stuff, so i can't vouch first hand. the post just suprised me because i'd heard nothing but praise.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:29 AM   #6

Quote:
My tech is currently working on my 01 S I did the exhaust install last year and now I saved up to do the headers and intake. My tech informed me that he had some doubts about the headers and the mods that you have to do to make them work he also stated that parts for Porsches should be ready to go and not need any modifications, ie drilling holes, 02 replacement etc. He notice some issues with the exhaust, minor holes, cracks and rust, cracks around the welded areas etc.

My tech informed me that the product was very questionable and the parts were just ok. Qualitywise and performance could become an issue if I decide to proceed with the install. I have a good tech for sure he just doesnt install parts on cars and works on porsches and bmw and takes your money he informs the customer beforehand about any issues that may arrive. He is actually looking at other options for me and he will do his homework before he finalizes the install.

So thats my issue on Che's product! If anybody has ANY issues or concern please post them!

Thanks
Have you communicated with Che?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:34 AM   #7
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by insite
well, all that having been said, i'd be on here writing about the issue, too. i don't personally own any of his stuff, so i can't vouch first hand. the post just suprised me because i'd heard nothing but praise.

Hello Members,

I'm on top of the situation and in process of taking care of chgolatin2
issues, first I'd like to address not all products are made perfectly. Even with OEM Factory parts will have defective issues from time to time, thats why you get factory recalls to replace parts for warranty. As for these issues per chgolatin2
are glitch from production process,with 1 years passed more than 150 sets exhaust sold without complaints. This is what I epxected will happend soon or later, with this rate thats only counted for less than 1%. Regardless I'm here to solve problem and issues with products I've sold, Once Defective Exhaust return I will reimburse the S/H + $80.00 Installation labor to install the replacement Exhaust. Replacement Tracking #1Z89XW710352310440 www.ups.com

below is my PM with chgolatin2/Robert .

Thank you !

Che

Re: exhaust problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"My tech called your store today about the headers, also, he inspected the exhaust and the parts has tiny open holes which let out exhaust, baffle is lose and the retainer clip in between the 2 outlets is cracked!

I will need this product replaced asap! Now this is costing me money whicn your company wont pay for I have to pay my tech to remove and install the exhaust. This unit doesnt even have a year on it and its already with issues.

I paid $80 for the install and now i will be charge again. Personally I dont know what type of "Quality" products you are selling but your products quality is very questionable. I posted a thread about your "Quality" products. I am not pointing fingers or trying to give you a bad name however I am highly upset that the headers need modification, the exhaust has some issues and my hard earned money is going down the tubes.

Lastly, the exhaust has a real bad rattle. i will contact your store tomorrow.

Robert 5/7/2007

Quote:

"[QUOTE=chgolatin2]I am dropping my car off tomorrow for the mods and i will ask the mechanic to verify the rattling noise and the headers. I will keep you posted but so far the exhaust does have an issue and I am not the first to admit it. Not trying to accuse you of anything just letting you know before hand.

Thanks

Hi Robert,

Not a problem, regardless I will be here to solve the problem. You are first customer to contact me about any issues, is there a link for exhaust issues with my exhaust that I'm not awared of ??? This way I can check and have it taking care of. Thank you !

Che"

"

Originally Posted by delubozparts

Hi Robert,

With all parts are not always perfect, even with OEM parts are the same. As for the Header from beginning I've already made it very clear if your stock Header have 4 O2 sensors than will required modifications, its been posted in the forum as well. Regardless these are cover under warranty, go ahead e-mail the address where you want the replacement Header and exhaust deliver ???

I will ship out immediately, Please do send back the other Header and exhaust back to me by UPS as soon you receive the replacement. I will reimburse you the shipping cost + $80.00 Labor cost.

Thank you !

Che

Last edited by delubozparts; 05-08-2007 at 12:57 PM.
delubozparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:57 AM   #8

Che excellent service

Ok member after talking to Che and explaining the full situation and after he talk to my tech he came through with a brand new exhaust and adapters for my 02 sensors for the headers. I made sure that my tech talk to Che directly so he could point out the issues with the exhaust, Che responded quickly and in 2 days my exhaust arrive at my door.

I would like to say that I was not trying to give Che product a bad name but I got real concern after the part was installed and in used for less than a year and it started to give me problem. Like any other consumer he would be somewhat skeptical and concern. Now I dont have anymore concerns or issues since Che handled everything like a true businessman. Che is a man of honor and I am overwhelmed as to how quickly he resolved the issue and offer me a refund for my expense. I wish every business was run like that.

Thank you Che!