Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2022, 06:46 PM   #1

260 mph

Not sure if you heard about the guy who recently drove his Chiron on the Autobahn at 260mph and posted a vid of it. German govt is thinking about hitting him with 2 yrs in the gray bar hotel for driving at an unsafe speed (even tho there was no limit where he was driving). Whether they have the right to charge him is up for debate, so we'll see where this goes.

Ran across this vid and chances are it's the one that got the guy in trouble. It's amazing how fast he accelerates from 125mph (200kph) to 260mph (417). Unreal. The trees go zipping by.

Regardless that it was the Autobahn, it was not safe to pull that stunt. If the guy can afford a Chiron ($3mil), he could afford to rent that track in eastern Germany that has an 8 mi straight. Kill yourself, not innocent bystanders. And if you're going that fast, a helmet may or may not matter, but neither occupants were strappin a helmet.

Cool, but not cool.

2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 06:56 AM   #2

There is one, simple word for this: STUPID.

If the DE government wants to do something useful to prevent self-important morons like this from repeating the stunt, they don't need to lock him up and make him a ward of the state, just give him a life ban on his driving license, and a second one preventing him from owning any vehicle capable of moving under its own power.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
There is one, simple word for this: STUPID.

If the DE government wants to do something useful to prevent self-important morons like this from repeating the stunt, they don't need to lock him up and make him a ward of the state, just give him a life ban on his driving license, and a second one preventing him from owning any vehicle capable of moving under its own power.
Mic drop. I couldn't agree more, JFP.
Old 02-24-2022, 03:17 PM   #4

Don’t Formula One Cars only go 200 mph?
robdelorenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 08:00 AM   #5

Valtteri Bottas hit 231.5 MPH in 2016 in a race during the Mexican Grand Prix, 235 mph during practice at Azerjaijan that same year.
A retired F1 Honda race car went 256.75 MPH at the Bonneville salt flats. I got all this from motorbiscuit dot com. I had to look it up when I saw your question, lol.

That Bugatti is insane. The driver is more insane doing that on an open highway.
gonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 11:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
Cool, but not cool.
Yeah, that's about right.
"STUPID" works too.

Not much room for error there. Especially since people, including those thinking about changing lanes, aren't expecting someone to be approaching that fast from behind. Yes, EVEN ON THE AUTOBAHN.

Coulda been disastrous.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:14 AM   #7

A better way to do it...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a39626746/z06-hits-242-mph/

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2022, 05:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike84 View Post
A better way to do it...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a39626746/z06-hits-242-mph/

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Exactly. There are plenty of ways to do something like this safely. With his money, he could've rented that track is eastern Germany that has the 7 mi straight - the one that Capt Slow used for his Bugatti record runs.

This jerk acted like he had it all carefully planned, like prepping for a moon shot - early morning and some cars ahead doing recon work. And started it off with a prayer session. Don't think he prayed for the innocent ppl that would be in his way. And tops it off wearing a driver's suit (I suppose to look official) but no helmet.

Take it to the track.

2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote