986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Off topic-gun ownership (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59756)

particlewave 09-28-2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianacole (Post 511226)
And I guess none of your conversations ever divert from the original topic. Sheesh. Since this is the 986 forum, we better not discuss ANYTHING else, to include 987s, 911s, Gemballas, cats, etc. Better stick on topic. :barf:

Here's an idea: if you don't like a topic, don't participate, just move on, or should we all conform to your expectations? Here's another idea: start your own forum and run it the way you want.

All of my points were covered in my previous post. You said absolutely nothing valid and did not actually address what I said at all, so you are either being purposefully or ignorantly provocative.

In other words: you are obviously just looking for a fight. You fit the profile ;)
Here's a novel idea: take some of your own advice and don't participate if you don't like what I have to say. :rolleyes:

There are certain things friends and family should never discuss and politics is right at the top (gun discussions = politics).

ianacole 09-29-2016 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by particlewave (Post 511548)
All of my points were covered in my previous post. You said absolutely nothing valid and did not actually address what I said at all, so you are either being purposefully or ignorantly provocative.

In other words: you are obviously just looking for a fight. You fit the profile ;)
Here's a novel idea: take some of your own advice and don't participate if you don't like what I have to say. :rolleyes:

There are certain things friends and family should never discuss and politics is right at the top (gun discussions = politics).

I was participating in the topic, you trolled, you came in looking for a fight. I always thought your posts were a little condescending, narcissistic, and sanctimonious, but then would give you the benefit of the doubt as it's hard to read intent and emotion in text. But you have now removed any doubt, so I thank you.

Friends and family should be able to DISCUSS anything; and your dart was anything but discussion.

Some congrats are in order ... I've only blocked one other person in all my years of participation across multiple forums. You've become number 2.

78F350 10-02-2016 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_T (Post 511438)
Actually, we don't talk about cats. Not anymore, anyway.

I guess you could say that the 986Forum had a cat delete back in 2014.
Oh crap, I'm off-topic in an off-topic thread in the off-topic section. :eek:

fanguy 10-26-2016 05:23 AM

Since the thread was titled was “Off topic-gun ownership” I thought it was interesting some did not like the subject. It reminds me a people who move near an airport and complain about the noise. We have many shared interest beyond our Boxster’s which brings another connection which is good for our forum community.

Have CCL & Beretta 92F, Glock 26 (LaserMax), and Bond Snake Slayer which is the most comfortable to carry and that is way I bought it. Typical configuration 1st round 410 projectiles 2nd 45 Hornady Critical Defense. Trying various rounds at the range I was able to get the most consistent placement. There are always discussions about the best gun or round. My theory is simple, the one that I can consistently get the round where I want it.