Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam View Post
Is that even legal???
I was wondering the same thing. It probably is, as they could probably claim that it is the same as the specific candidate literature that is handed out or mailed on a daily basis. I am just astounded that so many people would be in line without having a clue about the platforms and issues being represented by the various candidates and amendments up for election. And then to accept some stranger's suggestion that they vote for all those on a cheat sheet, simply because they are in favor of the same Presidential candidate. I even heard some "workers" mention that those recommended were the ones who would be able to help Obama in his 2nd term.

Alfieg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieg23 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. It probably is, as they could probably claim that it is the same as the specific candidate literature that is handed out or mailed on a daily basis. I am just astounded that so many people would be in line without having a clue about the platforms and issues being represented by the various candidates and amendments up for election. And then to accept some stranger's suggestion that they vote for all those on a cheat sheet, simply because they are in favor of the same Presidential candidate. I even heard some "workers" mention that those recommended were the ones who would be able to help Obama in his 2nd term.
Sounds like sheep
Bryan topping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #23

Garage
I wish we could go by the popular vote! That way I wouldn't have to watch all the stupid, garbage, political adds here in Utah. The candidates would only campaign on the two coasts where the majority of the people live. It would be no more than a ten state concentration of political stump speeches so we in these small, insignificant states, wouldn't have to listen to all the lies. And then, even more so than now, our vote wouldn't count in this small part of the country. The left and the right have their nut jobs. It's hard to believe anything that comes out of their mouths and I would like to take every super PAC and send them to Mars. Now that would create thousands of jobs.
1olddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #24

Garage
After yesterday's Presidential election results it's clear that we are no longer a country of "euro-centric" peoples, who represent rational thought and ideals - be it conservative, moderate, or liberal thinking. Rather we've become a nation that consists of radical counter-culture types, phony celebrity idealists and groups of minority extremists who have no ambition to rise up and become responsible, productive members of society.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #25

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
After yesterday's Presidential election results it's clear that we are no longer a country of "euro-centric" peoples, who represent rational thought and ideals - be it conservative, moderate, or liberal thinking. Rather we've become a nation that consists of radical counter-culture types, phony celebrity idealists and groups of minority extremists who have no ambition to rise up and become responsible, productive members of society.
+1 & no further comment
Bryan topping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #26

Garage
Good thing I don't come here for political "thought".
grubinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubinski View Post
Good thing I don't come here for political "thought".
"Thinking" should be part of everyone's political selection process. Apparently that is not the case though...
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #28

Quote:
Well said !!! My company is now operating on "Plan B". And it will stay there for a few years to come. No more hiring or expansion.
milliemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #29

In the interim Milliemax, maybe your company should try plan 'C' and deposit millions in Swiss and Grand Cayman bank accounts. Afterall, if it worked for Governor Romney......

Cheers!

Brad
southernstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #30

Not that this discussion has a direct bearing on me, as I am a resident of Canada, but doesn't anyone else think that attacks - especially ones that are not good-natured - on the political views/voting choices of others isn't really suited to this site? Jokes, maybe. But there are tons of sites where people can espouse their political views, engage in lively political debate, or just commiserate with others who feel that we are on the wrong path.

This site is dedicated to a common appreciation of a great automobile. I suspect that many enjoy their time here, not only because of the helpful advice and comradery, but precisely because it takes them away from the hassles of politics, the economy and our day to day lives.
For those who are depressed or angry over the election results, may I suggest taking your incredible car out for a fun drive in order to put a smile back on your face. And for the those who are celebrating the result, the same thing in order to keep smiling.

Once again, cheers people!

Brad
Old 11-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #31

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstar View Post
Not that this discussion has a direct bearing on me, as I am a resident of Canada, but doesn't anyone else think that attacks - especially ones that are not good-natured - on the political views/voting choices of others isn't really suited to this site? Jokes, maybe. But there are tons of sites where people can espouse their political views, engage in lively political debate, or just commiserate with others who feel that we are on the wrong path.

This site is dedicated to a common appreciation of a great automobile. I suspect that many enjoy their time here, not only because of the helpful advice and comradery, but precisely because it takes them away from the hassles of politics, the economy and our day to day lives.
For those who are depressed or angry over the election results, may I suggest taking your incredible car out for a fun drive in order to put a smile back on your face. And for the those who are celebrating the result, the same thing in order to keep smiling.

Once again, cheers people!

Brad
The Zuffenhausen Lounge as indicated is not for the faint of heart. And, it's traditionally been a place to rant about things outside of boxsters. Especially topics that are politically motivated.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #32

yup. it would have been better played to say something like ...

geez JD, when you wrote

i thought you were describing yourself, mel gibson and your tea party allies!
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #33

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
yup. it would have been better played to say something like ...

geez JD, when you wrote

i thought you were describing yourself, mel gibson and your tea party allies!
Gee, I don't like Mel Gibson and I don't drink tea. Hmm .... ?
Old 11-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #34

The Lounge was put into place to KEEP politics off main forums and also to discuss anything else non-car one wants to.

No one is making you read this sub-forum let alone post w/in. That said, should you CHOOSE to post, be prepared to defend or support your comments... facts are best. Same should apply on car portions of forum too.

TRK and southern - glad your politics are more unifying and not divided like ours. Quebec who? And I wonder who started this thread?

Truth be told, I have more respect for JD now. Previously I thought he was just your run of the mill M a s s h o l e

( to JD )
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #35

White People Mourning Romney
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #36

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster View Post
The Lounge was put into place to KEEP politics off main forums and also to discuss anything else non-car one wants to.

No one is making you read this sub-forum let alone post w/in. That said, should you CHOOSE to post, be prepared to defend or support your comments... facts are best. Same should apply on car portions of forum too.

TRK and southern - glad your politics are more unifying and not divided like ours. Quebec who? And I wonder who started this thread?

Truth be told, I have more respect for JD now. Previously I thought he was just your run of the mill M a s s h o l e

( to JD )
Golly, all this time I thought that you liked me .
Old 11-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #37

Ok, Johnny, I'm relatively new to this site. If a lack of civility and respect for the opinions of others is ok on the Zuffenhausen Lounge, then so be it. And Burg Boxster, I never said that 'our'politics were more unifying', nor that American politics were more divisive. Anyway, thanks for the irrational and irrelevant response to my suggestion that we essentially lighten up and drive our cars to get a smile back on our faces. As for me, I'm out of here with precisely that objective.

Cheers!

Brad
Old 11-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #38

What a bunch of sore losers. Face it, you lost fair and square. You claim to love democracy yet when you lose, all you do is whine about how "our nation" is lost and democracy is broken. Well, the right wing doesn't have a claim on nationhood, our nation is everyone and the majority have spoken.

2000 Boxster 2.7l red/black

Previous cars

1973 Opel Manta
1969(?) Fiat 850 Convertible
1979 Lancia Beta Coupe
1981 Alfa Romeo GTV 6
1985 Alfa Romeo Graduate
1985 Porsche 944
1989 Porsche 944
1981 Triumph TR7
1989 (?) Alfa Romeo Milano
1993 Saab 9000
san rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #39

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by san rensho View Post
What a bunch of sore losers. Face it, you lost fair and square. You claim to love democracy yet when you lose, all you do is whine about how "our nation" is lost and democracy is broken. Well, the right wing doesn't have a claim on nationhood, our nation is everyone and the majority have spoken.
Who said anything about being a right wing'er ? The fact of the matter is, Obama is a fraud ! His policies and plan of self aggrandizement differs little from the Bush-era. The only thing different is the pandemic of "blindversity" that has overtaken the political landscape !
Old 11-10-2012, 04:44 AM   #40
Homeboy981

Garage
Quote:
Who said anything about being a right wing'er ? The fact of the matter is, Obama is a fraud ! His policies and plan of self aggrandizement differs little from the Bush-era. The only thing different is the pandemic of "blindversity" that has overtaken the political landscape !
Here, here! Well said, well spoken.