Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #1

Go Packers!

Green Bay Packers - Thank you!

Every Red Blooded American should jump in line to support the Green Bay

Packers! The Packers defeated the Chicago Bears thus

earning them the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl. By doing so,

they saved the Hard-Working, Red Blooded, Taxpaying Americans literally several

million dollars of tax money. How you say? Simple... we were told that if

the Chicago Bears had won that President Obama (and probably his family)

would be attending the Super Bowl to cheer on his hometown team. Since the

Bears lost...the President won't be attending. The money saved from

not using Air Force 1 ,the limousines, all the additional security, and let's

not forget Michelle Obama's entourage, is literally several

million dollars! Therefore every American should cheer on the Green

Bay Packers at the Super Bowl to show them our gratitude. Oh...and let's not

forget to thank Chicago Bear's Quarterback Jay Cutler for his role in the

Packer's success! With that said...let's circulate this email to everyone we

know so they can understand why they should cheer for America 's

team...the Green Bay Packers!

AKL :dance:

'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #2

Garage
Rock on Allen. I've been saying the same thing, if the American public knew the true cost of moving him around the country there would be a revolt and he won't go anywhere. Trust me, I know.

As for the Super Bowl XLV winning Green Bay Packers, I feel everyone should be a fan. They are the only team owned by 112,000 everyday Americans. If they have another public offering of shares anyone can become a partial owner.

Trust me, I know, because I own one share of Green Bay Packer Stock.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:40 AM   #3

Please point out to me

The similar objections you posted about the trips to Crawford. Also please compare the number of personal trips made by the two most recent presidents during the same time period.
mikefocke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:49 AM   #4

My 2 favorite northern teams are the Vikings and the Packers. Glad to see them win last night...it was close and they could have blown it. My gripe about the Stealers is they are stealers...since they are always focused on stripping the ball from the receiver.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke
The similar objections you posted about the trips to Crawford. Also please compare the number of personal trips made by the two most recent presidents during the same time period.

I object to ALL excess. However during the Bush admin the cost of going back to the same home within the US is not comparable to the overseas trips taken by this admin. Also there was not the unemployment and misery that we now have experienced during the policies ("failed policies" like Pelosi was so fond of constantly mouthing) of this admin. We are all being asked to "Share the sacrifice" in light of some of the most byzantine govt. spending in American History. Michelle has to take her own contingent a day or two ahead of the president??? Please!

Now does that clear it up for you or should I go over it again?

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb986
My 2 favorite northern teams are the Vikings and the Packers. Glad to see them win last night...it was close and they could have blown it. My gripe about the Stealers is they are stealers...since they are always focused on stripping the ball from the receiver.

I thought that the pass that was reviewed as being not complete would be a good example. As far as I could tell the pass was complete until the ball was punched out of the receivers hands. He certainly held onto it longer than some of the other completed passes within inches of the ground, maybe a fraction of a second of possession. My 2 centavos.

AKL
Old 02-07-2011, 05:14 AM   #7

Great game and GO PACK.

If the Pats could not be there, I was with GB.

BTW-I understand the POTUS and guests dined on all the same crap food as the rest of us peons.

I guess Michelle's quest for healthy food does not include her own family?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
BTW-I understand the POTUS and guests dined on all the same crap food as the rest of us peons.

Well then, I hope my/our arteries clog at a much much slower rate as I'd like to see things turned around in this country

Congrats to the Pack but must be attributed to their coach who originally hails from the 6x champ's city. Great game in spite of my boys spotting yours 3 TDs

All I can say is Cowboy stadium is friggin HUUUUGE!!! Inside and out! Staff at the stadium was more than quasi disorganized - especially upon exiting (there were some 'panic' situations as crowds stacked up at doors since many exits were blocked) but a great game and fantastic time overall. More importantly, 2 wonderful things occurred:

- someone left Cowboy Stadium w/ the Lombardi trophy
- the attendance record was not beaten

I'm sure J Jones cried all the way to the bank w/ his deposits yesterday am...

Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #9

Garage
Yea, Cowboys Stadium is big but still not big enough for Jerry’s ego. Also, "Congrats to the Pack but must be attributed to their coach who originally hails from the 6x champ's city. Great game in spite of my boys spotting yours 3 TDs

The coach did come from Pittsburg, a 6x Championship city, but he's coaching a 13X Championship team.

The "spotting" of three TD's...we took those thank you very much.

Last edited by Jaxonalden; 02-08-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Jaxonalden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #10

6 > 4, right? As in the # of World Championship rings Pittsburgh has being the former and Green Bay the latter

Congrats on being the second team ever to get a WC being 6th seed. Who was the first?

It's all good, enjoy the celebration.

Last edited by Brucelee; 02-09-2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Copyrighted material?
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #11

Garage
It is all good bro. One thing to clarify though, the NFL Championships didn't start in 1967. They just started calling the NFL Championship (upstart AFL versus NFL) the Super Bowl. Green Bay holds the record number of Championships at 13, the Chicago Bears are second with 9.

[QUOTE=Burg Boxster] 6 > 4, right? As in the # of World Championship rings Pittsburgh has being the former and Green Bay the latter

Congrats on being the second team ever to get a WC being 6th seed. Who was the first?

It's all good, enjoy the celebration.

Last edited by Brucelee; 02-09-2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Copyrighted material?
Jaxonalden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #12

Although I'm not a Packers fan, I must congratulate them because any time the Steelers lose, it's a good game.

schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote