Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2024, 06:36 AM   #1

Sold the 928 Bought the 986

Hello from Canada- happy to embrace change and the future via the 986 Forum. For a number of years I owned and wrenched on a first generation 928 and had an epiphany this Summer: SELL THE 928 BUY A FIRST GEN 986. And so I did and here I am. Without giving too much away and risking boring you with my very first post *ahem* let's just say one important caveat to share with you is that the differences between a 45 year old Porsche and a 26 year old Porsche are staggering. Technology and build quality imho were much better in the first gen 986 compared to the first gen 928 and when driving the Silbervogel boxster I am in disbelief that this car is almost 3 decades old.....it just feels so......current. More on this in later posts I am sure. My boxster is precisely what I was looking for: first generation, Arctic Silver, green (red was 2nd choice) interior. It is all original, has some warts and scratches and I call this the Porsche Patina and I love it.

Last edited by Silbervogel; 07-27-2024 at 06:38 AM.
Silbervogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2024, 01:17 PM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Welcome to the 986 Forum. Post some pics for us when you can. I had a Silver/Nephrite Green '98 for a while. It's a rare color combo and I do regret selling that one.