Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2023, 04:15 PM   #1

Howdy

Just bought my first Porsche. A 2001 Boxster S with 45K miles. Had it a couple of weeks, put 100 miles or so on it, runs/drives perfect. The only real drawback I have found is a complete lack of useable cupholders!

Gateman_Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 02:21 PM   #2

Well, allow me to apologize on behalf of the 986forum community that apparently no one saw adequate merit in your question to bother providing some sort of answer. In light of that failing, and as a former Kansas resident myself (Manhattan, 1981 – 1997), AND as a 2001 986S driver, I figured the least I could do would be to provide one response, imperfect though it may judged to be.

There ARE cupholders available out there for these cars…but I’ve not spent a lot of time looking at them, and have never come close to ordering one. They may be okay, I just don’t know. As someone who, during the good-weather months, not infrequently uses the Box to commute to work, AND as a coffee drinker on those commutes—what I did? Bought me one of them insulated Yeti cups, pulled the passenger seat forward a few inches to provide space, and gently wedged that guy right into that gap. Has worked great for me. Make sure the cup opening is snapped shut so coffee (or whatever you’re drinking) doesn’t get sloshed around onto the carpeting. But you do that, and get the seat positioned right, and it’s solid as Gibraltar. I never spill a drop!

Welcome to the forum!

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 04:36 AM   #3
On the slippery slope

Garage
Welcome to the forum
It aint real without pictures
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 05:45 AM   #4

Quote: