Thread: Howdy
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 02:21 PM   #2
Frodo

Well, allow me to apologize on behalf of the 986forum community that apparently no one saw adequate merit in your question to bother providing some sort of answer. In light of that failing, and as a former Kansas resident myself (Manhattan, 1981 – 1997), AND as a 2001 986S driver, I figured the least I could do would be to provide one response, imperfect though it may judged to be.

There ARE cupholders available out there for these cars…but I’ve not spent a lot of time looking at them, and have never come close to ordering one. They may be okay, I just don’t know. As someone who, during the good-weather months, not infrequently uses the Box to commute to work, AND as a coffee drinker on those commutes—what I did? Bought me one of them insulated Yeti cups, pulled the passenger seat forward a few inches to provide space, and gently wedged that guy right into that gap. Has worked great for me. Make sure the cup opening is snapped shut so coffee (or whatever you’re drinking) doesn’t get sloshed around onto the carpeting. But you do that, and get the seat positioned right, and it’s solid as Gibraltar. I never spill a drop!

Welcome to the forum!

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote