Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2020, 12:12 PM   #1
master of my domain

99 Boxster in East Tennessee

Greetings,

I recently traveled to Georgia to pick up a 99 Ocean Blue Boxster from a very nice gentleman who was the second owner, having purchased the car in 2006. Just 22,600 miles on the car. Very good records showing oil changes every 6 months, and the car had never been driven in rain. I've been browsing this forum and it appears to be a great source of information and idea exchange.

My past interesting cars have been Austin Healey, VW, Corvette, and a 67 911 that I began restoring, but regrettably threw in the towel and sold. Also owned and raced many, many motorcycles.

L8-apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:04 PM   #2

Welcome! Congrats on the beautiful find!
Old 08-12-2020, 12:25 PM   #3

Welcome! What type of motorcycle racing did you do?

A while back I was driving my roommate to the racetrack. He was the son of the racetrack owner, so hes been around this track his entire life.

I was driving a 20 year old 1985 300ZX (non-Turbo). I do my best drift attempt onto the main road at the track entrance. And he says,"You damn motorcycle racers all drive cars like crazy!" Duh, I am strapped inside a cage. Whats the worst that can happen!?!

As a new Boxster owner I am slowly building up my corner speed. Its been too long since I have had this kind of fun. All under the speed limit...mostly!

Enjoy that car!!!
Rayrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:12 PM   #4

Nice! I think 99s are a sweet spot. Enjoy it.
Allegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:46 PM   #5
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post

A while back I was driving my roommate to the racetrack. He was the son of the racetrack owner, so hes been around this track his entire life.

I was driving a 20 year old 1985 300ZX (non-Turbo). I do my best drift attempt onto the main road at the track entrance. And he says,"You damn motorcycle racers all drive cars like crazy!" Duh, I am strapped inside a cage. Whats the worst that can happen!?!

As a new Boxster owner I am slowly building up my corner speed. Its been too long since I have had this kind of fun. All under the speed limit...mostly!

Enjoy that car!!!
Bike guys can always drive. the reverse is not always true.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:25 AM   #6
master of my domain

Quote:
I raced in California. Club racing with WSMC and AFM; raced on Willow Springs (big track), Button Willow, Thunder Hill, Infineon (Sears Point), and Las Vegas. Lots of fun and I managed to retire from it in relatively one piece
Old 08-13-2020, 08:42 AM   #7
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8-apex View Post
I raced in California. Club racing with WSMC and AFM; raced on Willow Springs (big track), Button Willow, Thunder Hill, Infineon (Sears Point), and Las Vegas. Lots of fun and I managed to retire from it in relatively one piece
I spent plenty of time on some of those tracks myself.
I'm 50 now, and I find all of the stuff I thought had healed, now hurts again.
Old 08-13-2020, 06:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Small world. I raced WSMC in the mid-2000s. I rode Vegas CC, Button Willow, and Streets of Willow, but only raced on the Big Track. My new racer school was taught by Danny Farnsworth.

My roomie was a Huth, Bills (owner of Willow Springs, RIP) grandson. In my intro thread I talked about spending A LOT of time at the track. PCA/POA weekends were great.

Last edited by Rayrevolver; 08-14-2020 at 05:29 AM.
Rayrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:09 AM   #9
master of my domain

Quote:
Small world. I raced WSMC in the mid-2000s. I rode Vegas CC, Button Willow, and Streets of Willow, but only raced on the Big Track. My new racer school was taught by Danny Farnsworth.

My roomie was a Huth, Bills (owner of Willow Springs, RIP) grandson. In my intro thread I talked about spending A LOT of time at the track. PCA/POA weekends were great.
Ahh... Turn 8; remember? When you get it right, it's a religious experience
Old 08-14-2020, 08:42 AM   #10
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Ahh... Turn 8; remember? When you get it right, it's a religious experience
We always said that T8 at willow would separate the men from the boys. I was clearly a boy, haha. Turn 8, WFO..... I wonder how many have soiled themselves there?