Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #1

Hello from Ottawa

I'd like to say 'Hi' and thanks for all of the valuable information that helped me buy a 2008 Boxster S last week. Love it, but unfortunately it goes into storage next week for the winter.

RBatsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:34 AM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Welcome to the forum. Those two look great together!
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #3

Welcome Aboard

A beautiful pair of cars. A winter spent reading will make next spring that much more fun.
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #4

too cool - i drove a 93 900 turbo back when i lived in ottawa.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #5

Cool Nice..Welcome !

Will make it more enjoyable when you take out in the Spring! Now make sure you store em properly...
t2-bxtrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:31 AM   #6

Hello from Maine

Hello , I am new to Porsche ownership however I have been viewing this forum for a while. Purchased my 2000 Boxter S 1 week ago . 1 owner Ocean blue over Savanna leather. with all service records, recent clutch, IMS bearing, water pump and many new parts . Car has 100K but is in excellent condition. I had it checked out by a local independent Porsche shop with a clean bill of health except for some concern about the variovalve timing "actuator" which is slightly out of spec on one side. I am not sure of the proper name of the part, I will be receiving an estimate for replacement in a few days. Does anyone have experience with this repair and can comment on it? My understanding is that it involves removal of the cams and is labor intensive . I only paid $8900 for the car and planned on spending some money considering the miles .
Ptriggiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:24 AM   #7

The SAAB in the picture is a 2002 9.3 Viggen with a stage 4 tune. A bit of a beast as its a front driver so can be a real handful. Great kayak/bike carrier and winter machine.

I'm new to Porsche and yes, plan to do lots of reading over the winter months. I'll be changing the oil tomorrow and removing the battery for storage when it's put to rest in a heated garage at the end of the week.

I plan to keep the car stock except perhaps adding clear side markers and perhaps some 5mm and 17mm wheel spacers. New Michelin PS2s are also in the plans as the existing Bridgestones have shown me how nice it is to drift the car in corners ; ) Also in the plans is replacing all fluids and spark plugs next Spring. I may even do some preventative maintenance such as clutch (still original), RMS, and water pump. The car has only had one owner and came with all service records (serviced at PFAFF Porsche in Toronto) but has 192,000 KMs (approx. 119,000 miles). The car was really all taken care of and with the exception of paint chips in the front (lots of highway driving) it looks like new and drives amazingly well. When I had the PPI done the mechanic couldn't believe the mileage on the car. Says something about build quality!

Does anyone know of a list of common failures and associated mileage? This has helped me a lot with the SAAB in avoiding nasty surprises.

Last edited by RBatsch; 11-10-2014 at 06:26 AM.
RBatsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:18 AM   #8

again, saab-ja-vu; had a thule rack with shaved bars just like yours - used it to haul my savage fury ww kayak to the island park wave after work and beachburg on weekends.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:59 PM   #9

Nice. Sweet life set-up and rides OP!
Old 11-13-2014, 04:10 AM   #10

Welcome to abroad.

sophie18 is offline   Reply With Quote