Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > New Members - Start here! > New Member Introductions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2014, 06:10 PM   #1

Transmission fluid flush machine

Could somebody post a picture of the tool or machine to do a complete transmission flush for the Boxster? How much could cost? how could I check if I am low on transmission fluid?

carlosnolasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosnolasco View Post
Could somebody post a picture of the tool or machine to do a complete transmission flush for the Boxster? How much could cost? how could I check if I am low on transmission fluid?
I assume you are referring to the Tiptronic transmission, and if you are, the answer is simple: It does not exist.

The reason for this is that most trans flush units attach to the trans via the trans cooler lines running to the transmission oil cooler, and because the Tip has a water to oil cooler attached directly to the transmission, there are no external oil lines to hook the machine to.

To service the Tip, you need to drain the pan and replace the filter. This will only get about 1/2 the old fluid out, but it is the best you can do. Do a search, procedure has been written up. It will also show you how to adjust the fluid level correctly.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 11-04-2014 at 02:34 AM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:36 AM   #3

Transmission flush tool

Thanks JFP
Yes, it is a tip. I am reading a lot about it and sometimes it gets very confusing for a non mechanic person. So how some said they flush the entire tranny and it gets around 9 qts. of oil. Also my car was a mussante motors sports in CT and they said they flush the tranny. I took the car home, is around 3 hours from there. The car has a blinking light in the dash and has not power, like is in 5th gear. I asked them and they said that the car is in a "limp". The engine is not communicating with the tranny. Now what I suppose to do in my end to check what is the problem? If I unplug the tranny in the bottom could I get some oil coming from the tranny? Is it signal that it has oil on it? BTW I found this machine: Brand New Transmission Fluid Oil Exchange Flush Cleaning Machine | eBay
Old 11-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Thanks JFP
Yes, it is a tip. I am reading a lot about it and sometimes it gets very confusing for a non mechanic person. So how some said they flush the entire tranny and it gets around 9 qts. of oil. Also my car was a mussante motors sports in CT and they said they flush the tranny. I took the car home, is around 3 hours from there. The car has a blinking light in the dash and has not power, like is in 5th gear. I asked them and they said that the car is in a "limp". The engine is not communicating with the tranny. Now what I suppose to do in my end to check what is the problem? If I unplug the tranny in the bottom could I get some oil coming from the tranny? Is it signal that it has oil on it? BTW I found this machine: Brand New Transmission Fluid Oil Exchange Flush Cleaning Machine | eBay
I obviously have no idea what they did with your trans, but to find out what is wrong you are going to need a Porsche specific diagnostic system (PIWIS, PST II, Durametric) to communicate with the trans and see what faults are set.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #5

Transmission flush tool

Could you tell me where could I buy it and how much could I pay for those? Could you tell me the exactly name?
Old 11-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Could you tell me where could I buy it and how much could I pay for those? Could you tell me the exactly name?
I found on ebay some people renting the durametric, so maybe that is a good way to go.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
I obviously have no idea what they did with your trans, but to find out what is wrong you are going to need a Porsche specific diagnostic system (PIWIS, PST II, Durametric) to communicate with the trans and see what faults are set.
They did the IMS, WATER PUMP, MAF, etc. I am not a mechanic, what I know my car was over there for more than 7 months, I replaced the electric harness, computers and key. They took an running engine and transmission from an 03 Boxster S, that car was mine too, and installed on the 04 Boxster S. 04 finally is on, but with the problems described before. Blinking light(Parking to 4th gear) not power on the engine like is in 4th or 5th gear. They said that the car is in a "LIMP", not communication between the engine and transmission. Also they said that they flushed the transmission and put it new oil on it. Again, I am not a mechanic, I just trying to translate what they explained to me.

Last edited by carlosnolasco; 11-04-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:17 AM   #8

Transmission flush tool

Anybody about this comment: