Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 08:09 AM   #1

air bag warning light….

I have a broken window regulator and am waiting for the replacement to arrive from the excellent Design 911. I have put the door back together as feel as I can but the airbag warning light below the dials is still on. Does this have to be reset or have I cocked up the connect/sensor/everything….?

spokegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spokegg View Post
I have a broken window regulator and am waiting for the replacement to arrive from the excellent Design 911. I have put the door back together as feel as I can but the airbag warning light below the dials is still on. Does this have to be reset or have I cocked up the connect/sensor/everything….?
Needs to be reset; PST II, PIWIS, or Durametric only.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #3
Custom User Title Here

Garage
And hopefully you didn't mess around with your airbag and it's connections with the battery connected.
If you did, just keep in mind not to next time or you may end up with a face full of airbag

Last edited by particlewave; 04-21-2014 at 11:30 AM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #4

Interesting you say that….. I disconnected negative terminal before disconnecting airbag then had to move car so reconnected battery. When I tried to disconnect after that the alarm kept going off so put it all back together with bat connected. Not sure how or why the alarm went off without battery connect….
spokegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:05 PM   #5

Garage
mine came on after having the seat out. took it to the shop that does euro repairs and they reset it for free.

kiyakubuke is offline   Reply With Quote