Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 04:03 AM   #1

I am pulling the trigger will send a PM to Particleweave to finalize. I am opting for a stealth look for my Arctic Silver car how do you guys think this will look ?

Option1: Clear shroud
Option2: Silver bezel
Option3: No angel eyes
Option4: Bare/OEM headlight shroud
Option5: Bare/OEM reflector
Option6: high beam flash yes
Option7: Porsche Motorsports Optics script
Option8: color temp 4300K

I will be sending Particle a spare set of housings so I'm not in a rush. Looking forward to see how they look/perform. I just read all 15 pages ( again ) for about the 10th time so I hope my choices are good ones. Thanks to all that have posted it made the option choosing a little easier.
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
I am pulling the trigger will send a PM to Particleweave to finalize. I am opting for a stealth look for my Arctic Silver car how do you guys think this will look ?

I will be sending Particle a spare set of housings so I'm not in a rush. Looking forward to see how they look/perform. I just read all 15 pages ( again ) for about the 10th time so I hope my choices are good ones. Thanks to all that have posted it made the option choosing a little easier.
I am thinking about the same only Angel eyes-yes, and 5000K on the color temp, I like a little bit whiter light.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post

I was wondering if the color temp of 4300K would look a little yellow compared to halogens?

Might be interesting in any case.

Still need to install mine now that the "Dragon Eyes" have been worked out.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
I was wondering if the color temp of 4300K would look a little yellow compared to halogens?

Might be interesting in any case.

Still need to install mine now that the "Dragon Eyes" have been worked out.
They are not comparable to the old yellowed halogen - xenon has a much sharper light output (say brighter if you wish) which makes it look very close to pure white. Although slightly yellow'ished (5%) it does serves its purpose. The 4,3k xenon bulbs are the ones that cuts best through rain, snow and fog.

I only need those that cuts into city smog (lol) so I use the 6k. Pure white with 5% bluei'sh tint in them. City style, very fancy looking, and passes inspections (i.e strong enough output)

Last edited by Nine8Six; 03-27-2014 at 02:08 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:52 AM   #5

Custom orders, Special colors, for special people!

Among other stunning gunmetal kits, below is one of the latest. My sincere apologies if this have taken a week+ to make

Last edited by Nine8Six; 03-27-2014 at 02:08 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote