Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSF View Post
I applied the Lamin-X film today and installed the lights. Everything works perfectly. The spots on the lenses are water under the film, it needs a few days to set.

I'm still thinking about wiring the LED parking lights to an ignition source so they would work as angel eyes/driving lights.

Can you post up a picture of the entire car. I have the same color car and am debating on painting the headlights black or leaving it chrome.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #162

I left the reflector chrome, and painted the trip using VHT Satin Black. Color is Arctic Silver.

I can't get a good picture of the lights. Sorry.
MitchSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #163
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSF View Post
I can't get a good picture of the lights. Sorry.
????????Why? Did you mess one up?????????
Old 12-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #164

No, they both look the same. OK, I'll try to take a better picture.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #165

Projector/Headlight pictures (Guards Red)

I bet you are just like me and don't want to take pics unless the car is washed.... here goes my 1 (one) CGT style projector when I washed it last

My next Pcar will certainly be SILVER!
Old 12-13-2013, 04:44 AM   #166

Nice picture, Fred. Car looks very smog free!

Here's one with both lights. I just ordered smoked LED tails to match.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #167

Back to work after a LONG 5 days holiday

Nice one Mitch, looks really good and "modern". If one day you get to shoot pics of the whole car, please post.... that'd be fab (silver is my favorite pcar color btw). I sincerely hope you are happy with the set-up and the new look mate. Nice work!

Re smog... lol, we are getting the breeze from the China Sea therefore No Smog for us in Shanghai
Old 12-20-2013, 06:28 AM   #168

Thanks, Fred. The look is exactly what I wanted, and the lights are a big improvement over the old halogens.

Mitch
Old 12-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #169
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Christmas time

I switched them over to red and snapped this pic in between

...and a pic of the little rocker switch board. The tiny 12V relay shuts the devil eyes off when the headlights are on (devil eyes are only on in the parking light switch position).

Attached Images

Last edited by particlewave; 01-28-2014 at 10:09 AM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #170

Garage
I looked around a bit on ebay; particlewave, do they have the projectors you used without the HID kit?
epapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #171

High Performance Bi-xenon Projector details

epapp, on behalf of Particlewave, the projector that he is using is the 2014 model and yet to be available in the states. See pics below.

We get them directly from the manufacturer (a few km away from my backyard here). Brutally outperforms the factory xenon of BMW, Mercedes and the Porsche litronics. I believe some of you guys knows them better under the name of "Morimoto MH1".

You should start to see that new 2014 model when stocks of the previous 2013 MH1 runs out in the states and elsewhere. In a meantime I would be extra careful buying those off eBay as they seem to be a lot of knockoffs (copies) of those Morimoto's MH1 for less than $50. Those knockoff are $8/pair here locally (for your info). I've seen them... and they poorly sux

If you need a set of those Ultimate just let me know, I can spare you a set anytime.

^ The left-side is the one I provide with the kit (2014 Ultimate model) and the right-side is the 2013 model of the MH1.

* the eBay knockoffs outputs even less than what you see on the right. But again for fifty bucks (half goes to eBay lol), not much can go wrong really

Last edited by Nine8Six; 12-20-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #172

You got some cool toys... Is that a lumen meter?
Old 12-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #173

That last picture was provided by the manufacturer of the projector. Not my toy mate

RE toys...... you should see our spanking new 2013 Horizontal CNC Milling Center that just came in the port a week ago. Imported from Japan. I was there yesterday and just sitting in the container staring at it for about an hour lol. Can't wait until the clearance is done on that thing so I can get it to roll. Real Big Boy toys!
Old 12-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #174

Garage
Do you have a website where all of this stuff is for sale? I skipped a few pages of the thread in the middle.

Particlewave linked to a kit of projectors and hid ballasts and bulbs earlier in the thread. Is that the kit you guys base measurements off of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by epapp View Post
Do you have a website where all of this stuff is for sale? I skipped a few pages of the thread in the middle.

Particlewave linked to a kit of projectors and hid ballasts and bulbs earlier in the thread. Is that the kit you guys base measurements off of?

Nah mate, no specific website for the moment. I've been teaming up with PayPal for the last 16 years however. They have excellent fraud & buyer protection schemes and decent encryption infrastructure for online payments. And they already have a website up so I just use theirs for cheap

Had a quick look and couldn't find the link for you, perhaps Particlewave can pass it on again when he has a minute. But I found a few pics he posted a few years ago. The same kit (with ballasts!) runs at $25 here (Left & right, everything). That's right my man. I think they run at $120 or something on eBay. Let me know if you are interested! I can make a special for you ($30 + shipping)

Old 12-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #176
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post

The above set is ok, but nowhere near the quality of the projectors in this thread.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #177

Garage
Well what are my options between particlewaves projectors and 986s? What do you guys charge for a set of your fancy lights? And how much is shipping from farawayland (where you're located 986) to California?

Thanks

Old 12-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #178
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Well what are my options between particlewaves projectors and 986s? What do you guys charge for a set of your fancy lights? And how much is shipping from farawayland (where you're located 986) to California?

Thanks

There seems to be some confusion...the projectors that I have now are the same as those in this thread (those made by Nine8Six). These projectors are the only way to go. Had they been available a year ago, I would have bought them then
Send a PM to Nine8Six to inquire about these.

...The set pictured above are eBay specials which I used to have but not anymore.

These are what I have now
Attached Images

Last edited by particlewave; 01-28-2014 at 10:16 AM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #179

Quote:

Thanks

Not only those "Ultimate" projector are properly anodized (i.e. solid), they will look and work for the next decade minimum. Other options that you have, other than a choice of amazing anodized colors, laser'ed script/wordings, etc, is choosing between a built-in (mini) nuclear reactor (+57rwhp) -OR- the xray feature which..... allows you to see through clothes when you are waiting at red lights downtown.

PM if you want me to be a bit more serious

Edit:

As for the complete kit, the damage is $355 shipped using Express Post (ETA 3-5days to you in the USA) w/ tracking number.

Options are

2x Anodized [color] Bezels (w/ custom laser script/wording)
2x Anodized [color] projector skirts
2x MH1 High Performance Projectors & lens (Ultimate ver.)
2x 35w CANBUS ballasts
2x H1 HID bulbs (you chose your temp)
2x Hardware kit: spacer kit, dremel wheels and two Porsche emblems
2x built-in LED-cob Angel Eyes in [color] (Optional)

* Return and refund accepted shall you decide to not install the kit.

RE Payment; I normally send a PayPal "Request for Money" to your email using the "For Goods" option and list all the above in the invoice. That way the buyer feels comfortable and covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection Scheme.

Any questions just ask anytime. When ever you are ready you know where to find me

Last edited by Nine8Six; 12-23-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #180

Garage
Excellent.

Do you sell parts of the kit individually I.e. Just the projectors?