Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2023, 06:06 AM   #1

987S Cayman AND 987S Boxster Package Deal

Selling these 2 cars as a package deal for someone looking for a project.

1) 2007 Boxster S, 119k miles, silver with stone gray interior, 6 speed, pretty decent car, sport classic wheels with good Continentals. I bought it at auction as mechanically damaged so it has a salvage title. The motor runs and sounds healthy but won't rev beyond 3500 rpm's. I get camshaft sensor codes on both banks. I put new sensors, same thing. There must be a problem with the harness. Someone before me spliced into the harness trying to fix the same issue without success. I'm getting 12v coming out of the ecu at the sensor input pins so something is obviously off. Also car is missing the carpet behind the seats and on top of motor. Otherwise complete.

2) 2007 Cayman S, 99k miles, seal gray with stone gray interior, 6 speed, clean title. This car blew a head gasket years ago and was put aside. Engine, gearbox and anything associated with their removal is on a pallet. Topside of car could use paint. I do have the spoiler that was mounted on the rear hatch. Interior is pretty nice. Motor does turn over by hand so doubtful it was the IMS. I'm not sure if 100% of the parts are there but it seems like it.

My idea was to build one good car from the two and sell the other roller and rest of the parts off and recoup a good chunk of the money. With enough ambition you could have 2 decent cars here.

For $20k you are getting both cars for less than the price of one.

Both cars are in Dania Beach, FL which is about 5 minutes south of Fort Lauderdale airport

Drola986S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 06:09 AM   #2

Drola986S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 08:11 AM   #3

as a subscriber of your channel I wish you good luck with the sale.

GTA_G20 is offline   Reply With Quote