Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2017, 10:05 AM   #1

FS: 2003 Boxster base, Triple black

Hi everyone, I listed another Boxster on eBay today. It goes live later tonight so I'll post a link to the auction tomorrow, but in the meantime, if you are interested here is a copy of the text and a few photos. I'd let it go today for $6995.00 I'm betting that is the lowest priced 2003 available.

Beautiful triple black 2003 Porsche Boxster up for your bidding. Major maintenance has just been completed freeing you to just drive and enjoy. You will be smiling ear to ear with this in your garage. Everything works and there are no warning lights.

New Intermediate Shaft Bearing (IMSB)
New Rear Main Seal (RMS)
New Transmission filter and fluid
New Oil and filter
New Air and Cabin filters

Regarding the condition - The convertible top, with glass window, has no tears. The leather seats have no splits or tears. The paint shines well and there is no rust. I am the third owner, the first two were Floridians. Even though this Porsche has 167K, it starts right up with no smoke. The engine runs strong and powerful. The transmission shift smooth. The steering is tight.

The biggest flaw is a "dent" (rubber can't really dent) in the rear bumper cover (see the last photo). Referring to the photo of the interior, please not that the drink holder is missing its cover. Also, the temperature control display shows bleeding. However, that is scheduled to be fixed before the end of the auction.

$500 deposit via PayPal is due within 24 hours of the auction's end. Balance paid in full is due within 7 days.

Fly in and drive home. Decatur, IL is served by Air Choice One from Chicago (ORD) and St. Louis (STL). Air Choice One is not on travel sites, you will need to go there website directly. If you need the car shipped, that is your responsibility, but I will be available to meet your carrier at loading.

IMPORTANT - ask questions BEFORE bidding. Your bid is bid to buy, not to try. If you do not have significant and/or recent feedback history, contact me using the ask a question link, or risk having your bid cancelled.

Good luck with your bidding and enjoy your Porsche Boxster.

Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:03 AM   #2

eBay link

Here is the promised link to the ebay auction

2003 Porsche Boxster Roadster Convertible 2-Door | eBay

Good luck with your bidding.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:19 AM   #3

Sold, Sold, Sold

Car met reserve $6249 and thus is sold pending buyer showing up with the cash. Wow, do I wish my reserve had been higher - and if there are buyers on this forum, they missed a heck of a deal. Middle of winter probably resulted in lower price, and car had a lot of miles too. On to the next one.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 02-01-2017, 03:16 PM   #4

Congrats on your sale. What IMSB are you installing on the cars you fix up. Not going to debate pros/cons....just curious.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:49 AM   #5

Which ISMB?

Your are correct, the answer to this question could set off a debate. I think however, most everyone will agree the LN Engineering products are very good products, its just that they are also the most expensive. Some will say you get what you pay for, but when reselling, in my experience, the market is not willing to pay that additional expense on a less than $10K Boxster. I used the Pelican Parts kit in this car because I had no confidence that the market would pay me an additional $500 if the LNE part was used. I think perhaps that the market is not willing to pay the additional money for the LNE bearing because the service intervals of the LNE and Pelican bearings are similar. LNE recommends the bearing be changed each 75K, while Pelican recommends the bearing be changed with each clutch change. Because of the expense of getting to the IMSB, if your clutch needs replacement before 75K, you will change the LNE bearing at that time. Therefore, comparing one to the other in terms of service interval change makes the two more or less equal.

Having said all that, I do use the LNE products whenever I can pick one up at a discount, such as an owner who bought the kit, then decided the job was beyond their abilities or time. I just picked one up on eBay this morning for $300. I'm just starting work on a 2000 S. It will be getting a new IMSB. If it has a double row bearing, I'll use that LNE kit I just picked up.

Happy motoring,
Joe
Old 02-02-2017, 02:31 PM   #6

Thank you!

dghii is offline   Reply With Quote