Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2003, 12:14 PM   #1
Forum Member

Unhappy 2001 Boxster S for sale

Sadly, I have decided to sell my 2001 Boxster S. Don't drive it enough. It was a special order car.

2001 Boxster S
Orient Red Metallic
Tiptronic
Sport Package
Sport Design Package (with Sport Seats)
18" Polished Turbo Look wheels with Dunlop SP9000 tires
4,800 miles!!
Other usual options

Car has never been smoked in, raced or driven agressively, nor ever been in rain. Mature owner, like new car!

See pictures......more available to interested parties.
San Diego area

ilvcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:35 PM   #2

Ah, a garage queen. Never quite understood why folks have a car they pamper like that. I smoke in mine, I drive it in the rain, I drive it every day, I drive the hell out of it. It's a special car, but when all is said and done, what enjoyment do you get when you don't use the damned thing.

Mine is a '99 with 65,000 miles on it and going strong.
mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:41 PM   #3
Forum Member

Well, moderator, you are probably right......it has become a garage queen, and that is why I am selling it. So that someone just like you can enjoy driving it.

I didn't smoke in it, because I don't smoke. I didn't drive it in the rain, because I drive other cars in the rain. I didn't race it because I used to race professionally, and don't need to do that anymore.

If you have 65,000 miles on a '99, this is a good time to consider a 2001 Boxster S with 4,800 miles on it with warranty.

Cheers.......
ilvcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 08:04 PM   #4

Thats a nice lookin boxster s you have there. I have about that many miles on my 03 "s" and I just got it in Sept. You should go out and enjoy it more before you sell it, or you'll regret it later.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 08:08 PM   #5

Just curious, how much would you like to get for that thing? I bet you could get 45 no problem.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:05 AM   #6

Adam, I don't think he will get anywhere near 45K for it. Do some research on prices for used Boxster Ss and I think you will find it can be had for under 40K.

Ilvcars, thanks, but I have no interest in a tip.

Last edited by mjbliemel; 11-18-2003 at 03:11 AM.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:48 PM   #7
b0xt0La

You can't get too much for it foe a main reason: it's not a stick. Maybe you would let that pass if it was a regular Boxster but not an "s". Six speed baby and you'll feel the power hehe.
Alienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 03:36 PM   #8
Forum Contributor

I never quite understood why some people would disparage others for how they use their cars. Mine's a daily driver, but if someone else on the forum wants to keep it garaged and only drive it on a perfect sunny day, good for them! I think that's great too. Let's all enjoy our Boxsters, however we use them.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:16 PM   #9

From the picture he posted, it looks like everyday is a nice sunny day. Boy, Illinois can suck in the winter. I know a guy who has a 02 vette with 1,900 miles on it!! Half of those miles came from one weekend to Kentucky. I think It may be one of the most pampered vettes in the country. I think some people treat their cars kind of like a Picaso on the wall. They like to look at it more than they like to drive it. A car is not a piece of art to be looked at, it should be used( imo). But, people do things differently and and thats cool with me. I always kid with my friend about not ever driving it. It's all good though because when he is staring at his car in the garage this spring I'll be out enjoying the breeze and soaking in the sun looking for a good road to "open it up."

Last edited by Adam; 02-08-2004 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:31 PM   #10
JT
Administrator and Founder

How much? I am looking.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:07 PM   #11

I don't know JT, he posted that message in the middle of Nov. Almost 3mo back actually so he may not have it anymore, or the situation has changed. I would send him an email because I haven't seen him around lately. I'll tell you what though, that car definately looks and sounds like a cream puff. Good luck.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:59 AM   #12

Hey Russ,

My remark was not meant to be disparaging as you put it. That was not the intention, sorry if anyone took it that way. I just don't understand people that would rather watch their car sitting in a garage versus driving it. That's all.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:01 AM   #13

Hey Jorge,

About to join the fold again, eh? Well it is about time. How long have you been without a Boxster now? TOO LONG!

Hope you find one in your area to your liking and at the right price.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:05 AM   #14

Jorge,

That one for sale was down in San Diego as you can see. Lots of them down here in San Diego. If you end up finding something down here in this area, give me a buzz and we'll meet up.

But why not just buy a new one as you have done in the past, you can probably get a good deal on one with several thousand off. Shoulda kept the old one! Well, I hope you find one and if it is down here in my area, let's be sure to hook up.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:32 AM   #15

I've seen some brand new(never titled) o3 S's go for about 10k under sticker. We are talking mid/high forties here. brand new.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:53 PM   #16
JT
Administrator and Founder

Well, A few more dollars on my stock option and I just may go for a new one Lets see what happens in the near future.

JT
Old 02-15-2004, 01:22 PM   #17

Jorge(or anyone interested for that matter) this exact car is on ebay right now. It has 1 day left on the auction and right now the bid is at $39,500. Just thought you might like to know.

Last edited by Adam; 02-15-2004 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:19 PM   #18
Forum Member

I was looking at a similar fully loaded, 6000mile 2001 silver S in September at a dealer in Springfield, Il. $37,500 cash-OUT-THE-DOOR. and it was CERTIFIED I didn't bite--TRIPTRONIC--this car was beautiful, and so is yours. I've had cars I would never drive for fear of rain, but the older I get, the more I realize why I buy them TO DRIVE. and if you are going to DRIVE and I mean DRIVE, nothing's better than a porsche(unless you want to throw in another $100,000!)
boxxsterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 07:00 PM   #19

I live in Carlsbad and would be interested in your car. Call me at 760-522-7327.

Thanks

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote