Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2018, 04:34 PM   #1

Lots of good advice and you can really see a theme.

You want an initial stable build so you can measure improvements. A baseline to start with, then start getting data on what works for that setup and how the driver responds to it.

I'm a fan of AIM stuff. I would suggest considering a Solo, new or used.

Don't worry about running GT3 LCAs on the street. If you run 0 toe in the front they will be quite streetable even with -3 degrees camber. No need to have street and track settings. Also they have rubber bushings in them and are actually intended for street use.

Also, don't bother with the Boxster Spec PSS9 shock. They are really a glorified street shock and Bilstein is so behind that they have been on backorder for the last year. Spec Miata just ditched Bilstein and went with Penske for their spec shock. Wish we could do the same.
MaxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxD View Post
Spec Miata just ditched Bilstein and went with Penske for their spec shock. Wish we could do the same.
Really curious about the cost of the Penske coilovers for the Spec Miata, because when I checked on the Penske website for the 981 I knew right away that would not be able to afford them...
Penske promotes them as a great street and track setup, which I believe they are but...
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote