Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 07:33 AM   #1

Garage
Anyone going to Laguna Seca 6/1 with CFRA?

I'll be there this Sunday 6/1... with CFRA (Checkered Flag Racing Association)

Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:37 AM   #2

Just had these installed ......pick up the Boxster today. Hoping my supertrapps along with these will allow me to meet sound at Laguna....

Might try and do the CFRA event at Sonoma - just need to get an invite from a friend who is going
rastta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #3

Garage
I'm pretty concerned about my Borla + TS test pipes echaust, especially with the 90db limit Sunday. I feel like there is a good chance i will get kicked! I'm not willing to make significant changes to my exhaust just to appease the LS gods...

I will be doing Sonoma in September, not in June...
Old 05-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlirium View Post
I'm pretty concerned about my Borla + TS test pipes echaust, especially with the 90db limit Sunday. I feel like there is a good chance i will get kicked! I'm not willing to make significant changes to my exhaust just to appease the LS gods...

I will be doing Sonoma in September, not in June...
I hear ya. I had to do mufflers - I blew 107db's at Thill. With the supertrapps I went to 97 db - but it cut a fair amount of power because I had a small number of discs installed. I've doubled the disks which should help reduce the power loss while still keeping things quiet. Since they bolt on and off from the tips - I'm hoping they do the trick. Since I go to LS pretty infrequently - i'm also not going to make big changes to meet that ridiculous 90db limit.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:26 AM   #5

Garage
Wow, 107 out of a Boxster, that must be cool! I was thinking SuperTrapps, but would be an extensive engineering effort to connect to the Borla's. It's a dual purpose car...

Last year I was able to get on a 105 day at LS, but I don't see one of those happening this year...like I said, probably giving up on LS. TH with the new track will make up for it!
Old 05-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Wow, 107 out of a Boxster, that must be cool! I was thinking SuperTrapps, but would be an extensive engineering effort to connect to the Borla's. It's a dual purpose car...

Last year I was able to get on a 105 day at LS, but I don't see one of those happening this year...like I said, probably giving up on LS. TH with the new track will make up for it!
Was awesome - well until the meatball flag

Understood - my Cayman S has a Fabspeed on it and I doubt it would pass. FYI - no more days over 90dB at Laguna for HDPE's. They've reserved all the higher days for races and SCCA/NASA groups.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #7

My stock Z06 would barely be under the 90db limit at LS---> absolutely ridiculous!

Of course with Sonoma dropping any "outside" coaches/instructors allowed on track, I am almost confined to TH. Good thing the extended track is coming soon!
06 Maserati Quattroporte (Family hauler)
08 Corvette Z06 (Track car)
986_c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #8

Yes, I would love to hear a 107db Boxster!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2014, 06:43 AM   #9

Garage
Well, believe it or not, I didn't pop sound yesterday! Had 3 great sessions at LS and, apparently, stayed under 90db! This is with TS Cat Delete pipes and a Borla exhaust...good to know I can run there! I will be at Sonoma in September and TH in October with CFRA.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986_c6 View Post
My stock Z06 would barely be under the 90db limit at LS---> absolutely ridiculous!

Of course with Sonoma dropping any "outside" coaches/instructors allowed on track, I am almost confined to TH. Good thing the extended track is coming soon!
Who do you coach with? HOD? Trackmasters? The no coach rule does not apply to clubs only for profit companies such as HOD and Trackmasters. Our Audi Club is doing 2 days in October - we'll be having coaches assigned to every student.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:44 AM   #11

Quote:
Well, believe it or not, I didn't pop sound yesterday! Had 3 great sessions at LS and, apparently, stayed under 90db! This is with TS Cat Delete pipes and a Borla exhaust...good to know I can run there! I will be at Sonoma in September and TH in October with CFRA.
Great. Hope to meet you in September - as I want to get out on Sonoma for a day before our two days in October.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastta View Post
Who do you coach with? HOD? Trackmasters? The no coach rule does not apply to clubs only for profit companies such as HOD and Trackmasters. Our Audi Club is doing 2 days in October - we'll be having coaches assigned to every student.
Yeah, HOD, NCRC, and rarely with TMR. When Bonnie was still around, did a lot of TEAM events also.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:44 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986_c6 View Post
Yeah, HOD, NCRC, and rarely with TMR. When Bonnie was still around, did a lot of TEAM events also.
I'm sure we've met - I've coached with HOD, rarely with NCRC as I go to those events to drive. Also did TEAM as well but again - only coached occasionally if needed as those were drive events as well. Haven't done any HOD this year since I didn't have a car ready until end of April........