986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster Racing Forum (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Anyone going to Laguna Seca 6/1 with CFRA? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52447)

Dlirium 05-30-2014 07:33 AM

Anyone going to Laguna Seca 6/1 with CFRA?

I'll be there this Sunday 6/1... with CFRA (Checkered Flag Racing Association)

rastta 05-30-2014 07:37 AM

Just had these installed ......pick up the Boxster today. Hoping my supertrapps along with these will allow me to meet sound at Laguna....

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/...67245700_n.jpg

Might try and do the CFRA event at Sonoma - just need to get an invite from a friend who is going

Dlirium 05-30-2014 08:44 AM

I'm pretty concerned about my Borla + TS test pipes echaust, especially with the 90db limit Sunday. I feel like there is a good chance i will get kicked! I'm not willing to make significant changes to my exhaust just to appease the LS gods...

I will be doing Sonoma in September, not in June...

rastta 05-30-2014 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dlirium (Post 402882)
I'm pretty concerned about my Borla + TS test pipes echaust, especially with the 90db limit Sunday. I feel like there is a good chance i will get kicked! I'm not willing to make significant changes to my exhaust just to appease the LS gods...

I will be doing Sonoma in September, not in June...

I hear ya. I had to do mufflers - I blew 107db's at Thill. With the supertrapps I went to 97 db - but it cut a fair amount of power because I had a small number of discs installed. I've doubled the disks which should help reduce the power loss while still keeping things quiet. Since they bolt on and off from the tips - I'm hoping they do the trick. Since I go to LS pretty infrequently - i'm also not going to make big changes to meet that ridiculous 90db limit.

Dlirium 05-30-2014 09:26 AM

Wow, 107 out of a Boxster, that must be cool! I was thinking SuperTrapps, but would be an extensive engineering effort to connect to the Borla's. It's a dual purpose car...

Last year I was able to get on a 105 day at LS, but I don't see one of those happening this year...like I said, probably giving up on LS. TH with the new track will make up for it!

rastta 05-30-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dlirium (Post 402898)
Wow, 107 out of a Boxster, that must be cool! I was thinking SuperTrapps, but would be an extensive engineering effort to connect to the Borla's. It's a dual purpose car...

Last year I was able to get on a 105 day at LS, but I don't see one of those happening this year...like I said, probably giving up on LS. TH with the new track will make up for it!

Was awesome - well until the meatball flag :)

Understood - my Cayman S has a Fabspeed on it and I doubt it would pass. FYI - no more days over 90dB at Laguna for HDPE's. They've reserved all the higher days for races and SCCA/NASA groups.

986_c6 06-01-2014 11:53 PM

My stock Z06 would barely be under the 90db limit at LS---> absolutely ridiculous!

Of course with Sonoma dropping any "outside" coaches/instructors allowed on track, I am almost confined to TH. Good thing the extended track is coming soon!

986_c6 06-01-2014 11:54 PM

Yes, I would love to hear a 107db Boxster!!!!!!

Dlirium 06-02-2014 06:43 AM

Well, believe it or not, I didn't pop sound yesterday! Had 3 great sessions at LS and, apparently, stayed under 90db! This is with TS Cat Delete pipes and a Borla exhaust...good to know I can run there! I will be at Sonoma in September and TH in October with CFRA.

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads01...1401720106.jpg

rastta 06-02-2014 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 986_c6 (Post 403443)
My stock Z06 would barely be under the 90db limit at LS---> absolutely ridiculous!

Of course with Sonoma dropping any "outside" coaches/instructors allowed on track, I am almost confined to TH. Good thing the extended track is coming soon!

Who do you coach with? HOD? Trackmasters? The no coach rule does not apply to clubs only for profit companies such as HOD and Trackmasters. Our Audi Club is doing 2 days in October - we'll be having coaches assigned to every student.

rastta 06-02-2014 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dlirium (Post 403494)
Well, believe it or not, I didn't pop sound yesterday! Had 3 great sessions at LS and, apparently, stayed under 90db! This is with TS Cat Delete pipes and a Borla exhaust...good to know I can run there! I will be at Sonoma in September and TH in October with CFRA.

Great. Hope to meet you in September - as I want to get out on Sonoma for a day before our two days in October.

986_c6 06-02-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rastta (Post 403495)
Who do you coach with? HOD? Trackmasters? The no coach rule does not apply to clubs only for profit companies such as HOD and Trackmasters. Our Audi Club is doing 2 days in October - we'll be having coaches assigned to every student.

Yeah, HOD, NCRC, and rarely with TMR. When Bonnie was still around, did a lot of TEAM events also.

rastta 06-03-2014 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 986_c6 (Post 403650)
Yeah, HOD, NCRC, and rarely with TMR. When Bonnie was still around, did a lot of TEAM events also.

I'm sure we've met - I've coached with HOD, rarely with NCRC as I go to those events to drive. Also did TEAM as well but again - only coached occasionally if needed as those were drive events as well. Haven't done any HOD this year since I didn't have a car ready until end of April........