Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2014, 09:07 AM   #1
Sam Mammano
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Webster, NY
Posts: 28
ABS pump wiring harness

Anyone have (or know the part # )for a NON - PSM ABS pump Wire harness .
I am removing the psm abs pump & replacing w NON psm abs pump & need the appropriate wire harness.
My car is 01 Boxster S 6 -speed manual 3.2 - came w PSM

Replacing the PSM ABS pump w NON PSM ABS PUMP- Bosch ABS Brake Pump Part# 996.355.955.06 removed from a 2003 Porsche Boxster 986 Convertible 5 Speed RWD(rear wheel drive) 2.7 VIN# WPOCA29843U621544

Thanks for any help w appropriate wire harness

__________________
2001 Boxster S 986 F Stock
Wellcoached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:43 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: It's a kind of magic.....
Posts: 5,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellcoached View Post
Anyone have (or know the part # )for a NON - PSM ABS pump Wire harness .
I am removing the psm abs pump & replacing w NON psm abs pump & need the appropriate wire harness.
My car is 01 Boxster S 6 -speed manual 3.2 - came w PSM

Replacing the PSM ABS pump w NON PSM ABS PUMP- Bosch ABS Brake Pump Part# 996.355.955.06 removed from a 2003 Porsche Boxster 986 Convertible 5 Speed RWD(rear wheel drive) 2.7 VIN# WPOCA29843U621544

Thanks for any help w appropriate wire harness
The wiring harness is car specific, depending upon how the car was shipped. You will need to get the entire forward harness, which is quite expensive as it covers a lot of the front of the car (Porsche does not break up the harness into a lot of sections). You would probably be better off looking in the junk yard or from someone that converted the car over to a race car.

You are probably also going to encounter CEL/MIL fault codes as the DME is going to be looking for communications from the PSM system and won't see it when you change the harness.
__________________
Anything really new is invented only in one’s youth. Later, one becomes more experienced, more famous – and more stupid.” - Albert Einstein

Last edited by JFP in PA; 05-16-2014 at 10:10 AM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: It's a kind of magic.....
Posts: 5,229
The factory harness for a non PSM 2001 car should be 996-612-951-00, around $120, but I would check that number with a dealer to be sure.
__________________
Anything really new is invented only in one’s youth. Later, one becomes more experienced, more famous – and more stupid.” - Albert Einstein
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:50 AM   #4
Sam Mammano
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Webster, NY
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
The factory harness for a non PSM 2001 car should be 996-612-951-00, around $120, but I would check that number with a dealer to be sure.
Thanks JFP - so do I want to get a new harness for my car (-01 )or do a want a harness for 03 since that is the car the replacement pump is from - or are they the same part #
A quick search of the part # u gave came up with one for $ 66
THANKS!

Porsche Parts - Porsche OEM Parts - Genuine Factory Parts Accessories - Wholesale
__________________
2001 Boxster S 986 F Stock
Wellcoached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: It's a kind of magic.....
Posts: 5,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellcoached View Post
Thanks JFP - so do I want to get a new harness for my car (-01 )or do a want a harness for 03 since that is the car the replacement pump is from - or are they the same part #
A quick search of the part # u gave came up with one for $ 66
THANKS!

Porsche Parts - Porsche OEM Parts - Genuine Factory Parts Accessories - Wholesale
This is where I have to say I have no idea as the hydraulic units and harness for 01 and 03 have different part numbers, so the harness may not match the connector. You are also going from ABS 5.3 to ABS 5.7 as well by switching to the 2003 unit, which uses a different control unit and wheel speed sensors (by 2003, most functions were moved over to the CAN bus, so the cars had a different instrument panel that now served as the "hub" for the bus controller network).
__________________
Anything really new is invented only in one’s youth. Later, one becomes more experienced, more famous – and more stupid.” - Albert Einstein

Last edited by JFP in PA; 05-16-2014 at 12:37 PM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:03 AM   #6
Sam Mammano
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Webster, NY
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
This is where I have to say I have no idea as the hydraulic units and harness for 01 and 03 have different part numbers, so the harness may not match the connector. You are also going from ABS 5.3 to ABS 5.7 as well by switching to the 2003 unit, which uses a different control unit and wheel speed sensors (by 2003, most functions were moved over to the CAN bus, so the cars had a different instrument panel that now served as the "hub" for the bus controller network).
Maybe I should look for a non abs pump from an 01?
Any differences 2001 2.7 vs 3.2 abs pump?
Thanks for good info.
__________________
2001 Boxster S 986 F Stock
Wellcoached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:15 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Socal
Posts: 560
Can't you go back to where you bought the pump from and ask for the harness ?
I presume it came from a car being parted out
Ian c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:21 AM   #8
Sam Mammano
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Webster, NY
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian c View Post
Can't you go back to where you bought the pump from and ask for the harness ?
I presume it came from a car being parted out
tried that - said they didn't have it- wanted to sell me an entire wiring harness $$$$
__________________
2001 Boxster S 986 F Stock
Wellcoached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:49 AM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Socal
Posts: 560
I can look for a prt number on the harness of my 03 and take you some pictures if that helps any ?
Ian c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:53 AM   #10
Sam Mammano
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Webster, NY
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian c View Post
I can look for a prt number on the harness of my 03 and take you some pictures if that helps any ?
Yes, thanks
__________________
2001 Boxster S 986 F Stock
Wellcoached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Socal
Posts: 560
I'll get on with it strait after work today
Ian c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #12
Sam Mammano
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Webster, NY
Posts: 28
Factory wiring scematics

Still working on this
As JFP said the wiring harnesses are car specific

My question is - if I supply the two Vin #s , does anyone here have the ability to supply me the two Porsche factorty wiring schematics for the abs pump wiring harnesses.

-one for my current car with PSM vs one from the non PSM abs pump I have to install ) Does that make sense ?
__________________
2001 Boxster S 986 F Stock
Wellcoached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Socal
Posts: 560
Sorry , I forgot all about this !!!
What do you need ?
Ian c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #14
Sam Mammano
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Webster, NY
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian c View Post
Sorry , I forgot all about this !!!
What do you need ?
Looking for the Porsche wiring schematics for the 2 vehicles
I have both vin # s
__________________
2001 Boxster S 986 F Stock
Wellcoached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:31 PM   #15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Socal
Posts: 560
If all you need are wiring/flow diagrams , I've come across this before rebuilding a fire damaged 964 many years ago .
The vin was needed to order the right loom from porsche as that showed all the options fitted to that car , but in reality , the schematics where a "cover all bases" affair .
It will be worth getting a copy from Bentley to take a look ,nasty I'd wager its the same schematic for all variables .
Another "promise" , but I have a Bentley here and tommorrow I will take a look !!!
(Busy smoking and drinking corona by the pool at the moment)
Ian c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:43 AM   #16
Sam Mammano
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Webster, NY
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian c View Post
If all you need are wiring/flow diagrams , I've come across this before rebuilding a fire damaged 964 many years ago .
The vin was needed to order the right loom from porsche as that showed all the options fitted to that car , but in reality , the schematics where a "cover all bases" affair .
It will be worth getting a copy from Bentley to take a look ,nasty I'd wager its the same schematic for all variables .
Another "promise" , but I have a Bentley here and tommorrow I will take a look !!!
(Busy smoking and drinking corona by the pool at the moment)
My email is smammano at Rochester dot rr dot com
__________________
2001 Boxster S 986 F Stock
Wellcoached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:58 AM   #17
Sam Mammano
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Webster, NY
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian c View Post
If all you need are wiring/flow diagrams , I've come across this before rebuilding a fire damaged 964 many years ago .
The vin was needed to order the right loom from porsche as that showed all the options fitted to that car , but in reality , the schematics where a "cover all bases" affair .
It will be worth getting a copy from Bentley to take a look ,nasty I'd wager its the same schematic for all variables .
Another "promise" , but I have a Bentley here and tommorrow I will take a look !!!
(Busy smoking and drinking corona by the pool at the moment)
Do you have the manuals to compare the 2 harnesses?
Thanks
__________________
2001 Boxster S 986 F Stock
Wellcoached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #18
Sam Mammano
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Webster, NY
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian c View Post
If all you need are wiring/flow diagrams , I've come across this before rebuilding a fire damaged 964 many years ago .
The vin was needed to order the right loom from porsche as that showed all the options fitted to that car , but in reality , the schematics where a "cover all bases" affair .
It will be worth getting a copy from Bentley to take a look ,nasty I'd wager its the same schematic for all variables .
Another "promise" , but I have a Bentley here and tommorrow I will take a look !!!
(Busy smoking and drinking corona by the pool at the moment)
Checking back - any luck w schematics ?
Thanks
__________________
2001 Boxster S 986 F Stock
Wellcoached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Socal
Posts: 560
I'm still at work .
Will get onto it as soon as I get home
Ian c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Socal
Posts: 560
Email sent .
Let me know if you need any other pages


Last edited by Ian c; 06-05-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Ian c is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page