Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeph
LOL, that's good stuff. I use lines like that all the time.

At any rate, when ever I feel grumpy, tense, or down, I listen to this song.
I don't feel like dancin' <-- download me!
Some one explain how you can listen to this and then NOT be in a cheerful mood! Let me know what y'all think!
Jeph,

I don't know why you would do that to me. What have I ever done to you? Luckily, my sniper rifle is too tall to fit under my chin or I would have shot myself while that was playing.

...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Old 01-06-2007, 01:52 PM   #42

Getting ready to really rice it up!

I made another gauge plate today to hold three gauges. Im going for extreme idiotic and ricer, check it out. This is the first stage of Uncle Bens gauge plate.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #43
boggtown

You know.... Make 3 more faceplates and you could have 12 gauges! lol. Thatd be a boost, oil pressure, oil temp, volt, water temp, air/fuel ratio, and 6 more, lol.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #44

Keep in mind they need to be in my line of sight so Im going to glue them to the windshield.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #45

I like hot chocolate and raisins. Raisins are grapes way of thanking the little rays of sunshine that come down from heaven and make the earth happy. I like earth.
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Old 01-06-2007, 05:31 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail26
I like hot chocolate and raisins. Raisins are grapes way of thanking the little rays of sunshine that come down from heaven and make the earth happy. I like earth.
Earth's alright.
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Old 01-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail26
Waterboy?

Prototype HUD only problen is it came up on the outside of the windshield but I can see it. Im going to put a kit together but since HUD is taken I need a new name, thinking ....... RUD
Old 01-09-2007, 09:49 PM   #48

Hehe I like this thread. Any reason why you feel the need for a boost gauge though? It's a supercharger so it's not like you'll be adjusting the boost/tuning the car much. It's mounted too low to actually monitor so I'd assume its purpose would be for tuning on-the-fly by a passenger.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #49

Ohio, I like what you have done but I wanted to add this vid just for fun.
http://www.musicvideocodes.us/code.php?id=1640
Old 01-10-2007, 04:58 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Ohio, I like what you have done but I wanted to add this vid just for fun.
http://www.musicvideocodes.us/code.php?id=1640
Too funny.

That was very well done.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Old 01-10-2007, 05:35 AM   #51

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Ohio, I think the gauge placement looks cool. It's not "ricer" to have a boost gauge because you have an SC in your car. It's quite appropriate to have the gauge. Plus you're not trying to "show off" your gauge by placing it where another driver can see it and lighting it up with LED's. I think the location you have it in is very Porsche-esk (sp?).

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Old 01-10-2007, 05:41 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills
Ohio, I think the gauge placement looks cool. It's not "ricer" to have a boost gauge because you have an SC in your car. It's quite appropriate to have the gauge. Plus you're not trying to "show off" your gauge by placing it where another driver can see it and lighting it up with LED's. I think the location you have it in is very Porsche-esk (sp?).
Hi,

'cept that Porsche never installed a Boost gauge out of the Driver's line of sight. As mentioned, a boost gauge on a S/C is just a toy. Probably couldn't find an appropriate SC badge for the rear deck, so wanted to announce it to the world by adding the gauge (or he had an extra $0.52 burning a hole in his pocket) - RICER. IMHO, of course...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
Old 01-10-2007, 06:28 AM   #53

I appreciate all the opinions and took them to heart. I went to Autozone and bought a bottle of Rice Be Gone. I was in a hurry and didnt read the directions because of the several projets going on at the time, you know making a big wing out of 2x4's, neon under the car and the dragon graphic for the hood. Anyway, in my rush I didnt realize I was supposed to wear gloves and some spilled on my hands. Next thing you know not only did my ricer boost gauge disappear so did my personality. Slowly through out the day I was transformed in to a grumpy old man that thought he knew everything. It was bad, I yelled at those damn kids in the neighborhood with thier loud music. One kids ball even rolled into my damn driveway, little brat! My wife realized what was happening and sprayed me with Ass Be Gone now Im back to normal. Moral of the story, if you have an extra $2.99 burning a hole in your pocket give it a try.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:39 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioboxster
I appreciate all the opinions and took them to heart. I went to Autozone and bought a bottle of Rice Be Gone. I was in a hurry and didnt read the directions because of the several projets going on at the time, you know making a big wing out of 2x4's, neon under the car and the dragon graphic for the hood. Anyway, in my rush I didnt realize I was supposed to wear gloves and some spilled on my hands. Next thing you know not only did my ricer boost gauge disappear so did my personality. Slowly through out the day I was transformed in to a grumpy old man that thought he knew everything. It was bad, I yelled at those damn kids in the neighborhood with thier loud music. One kids ball even rolled into my damn driveway, little brat! My wife realized what was happening and sprayed me with Ass Be Gone now Im back to normal. Moral of the story, if you have an extra $2.99 burning a hole in your pocket give it a try.
Hi,

Always willing to learn from others, I took your suggestion and got a bottle of Ass Be Gone. I applied it exactly according to the directions and nothing happened, nothing at all.

So, I called the HelpLine number on the bottle (800) Ass Gone (800-277-4663) and told them of my problem with their product. I was referred to the Customer Service Mgr., a Mr. A.S. Finkter.

Mr. Finkter told me that in Clinical Trials held at Duke University, they discovered that if a person wasn't suffering from the symptoms you describe of Ass-like behavior, that it would have absolutely no effect whatever, but that it was not in anyway harmful.

He further went on to say that these Clinical Studies revealed that the product's greatest efficacy came when used on subjects who were the offspring of not too distantly related parents, and especially those with a particular fondness for the grain from the genus Oryza Sativa. He speculated that since the product had such a positive effect on you, that you most likely belong to both of these groups.

He cautioned however, that subjects suffering the effects to the degree you had were particularly vulnerable to severe relapses if a statement they were to make were opposed, or disagreed with, even in the slightest. That these subjects only made statements, or in your case, postings on an Internet Forum, in order to gain the total affirmation and adoration of the Target Audience. Further, that if such was not received, the subject could lapse so far as to be thereafter untreatable and suffer chronic symptoms of Ass-like behavior for the rest of their life.

He gladly agreed to refund my $2.99 and further said that as you apparently suffer so severly from this terribly impairing behavioral trait, he'll be sending you a coupon good for one free bottle of Ass Be Gone to see if they can't eradicate these symptoms you're having once and for all. Thank God!

What an awakening for me, I don't mind telling you! Personally, I had no idea you suffered so severely from such an impairment, it must be awful for you and your family.

I certainly don't want to be the cause of you're developing a chronic case, so I take back everything I said, or inferred, about your Boost Gauge install being stupid, useless, idiotic and merely your interpretation of the Peacock Effect.

Please believe me, OH, when I say that I had no idea that your thread was really a cry for help! Best of Luck on your recovery!...

Last edited by MNBoxster; 01-10-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:00 AM   #55

You guys have to stop... I think I wet myself from laughing (not a good thing to do at work)!!!

Old 01-10-2007, 11:07 AM   #56

I love this forums...
Old 01-10-2007, 12:11 PM   #57
boggtown

Maybe your just jealous of the supercharger? I am. But my mom won't let me get one. Sad I know, lol. So why do you have such a devotion to winning and getting the last word in? That is just what my girlfriend does, lol. I just say fine, you win, and yet she keeps jibber jabbering. Ohio, I think you should concede this debate and say "Why yes, I have been foolish, I never thought of it that way. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways. How else can I change for you?" And Jim should say "Yay, I won. Were cool now dude, sorry for razzin ya." And then we can all be a big happy family again!

Old 01-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #58

Bogg,
It is like arguing with a woman maybe he needed the extra strenth Ass Be Gone. They always want the last word......women, sheesh.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

Always willing to learn from others, I took your suggestion and got a bottle of Ass Be Gone. I applied it exactly according to the directions and nothing happened, nothing at all.

So, I called the HelpLine number on the bottle (800) Ass Gone (800-277-4663) and told them of my problem with their product.

He gladly agreed to refund my $2.99 and further said that as you apparently suffer so severly from this terribly impairing behavioral trait, he'll be sending you a coupon good for one free bottle of Ass Be Gone to see if they can't eradicate these symptoms you're having once and for all. Thank God!

Just curious. When they offered you a refund on the Ass Be Gone, did they happen to offer you their latest product as a replacement? Consumer Reports writes that their Shut the F%$k Up! is very effective, and comes in 55 gallon drums, which would likely be just about right for you. If you order right now, they'll send you a second 55 gallon drum for free. That's a two day supply (for you) at just $99.95...but wait, there's more! If you call in the next 15 minutes, they'll include a spritzer of Worry About Your Own F%$king Car absolutely free! It will not only help you to worry about your own British POS, it will also be effective on 99% of all your household mental disorders. That's a $250.00 value, yours for just $99.95.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Old 01-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
Just curious. When they offered you a refund on the Ass Be Gone, did they happen to offer you their latest product as a replacement? Consumer Reports writes that their Shut the F%$k Up! is very effective, and comes in 55 gallon drums, which would likely be just about right for you. If you order right now, they'll send you a second 55 gallon drum for free. That's a two day supply (for you) at just $99.95...but wait, there's more! If you call in the next 15 minutes, they'll include a spritzer of Worry About Your Own F%$king Car absolutely free! It will not only help you to worry about your own British POS, it will also be effective on 99% of all your household mental disorders. That's a $250.00 value, yours for just $99.95.
Hi,

Hey, I'll check it out. Here's something you should check out too...

Closed Thread