986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Best .52 mod ever better look... (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8883)

ohioboxster 01-04-2007 01:22 PM

Oh, maybe someone should tell BMW thats ricer style........

MNBoxster 01-04-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohioboxster
Oh, maybe someone should tell BMW thats ricer style........

Hi,

Whatever, that aside, I don't care what anyone says, I still think it looks idiotic and Ricer...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

ohioboxster 01-04-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

Whatever, that aside, I don't care what anyone says, I still think it looks idiotic and Ricer. Maybe you could try this next...

Or you could just man up and admit your just mad because you looked foolish in another one of my threads. You can post all the cheap shots you want about my mods or my car and it wont upset me because you and your opinions mean nothing to me, understand?

MNBoxster 01-04-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

Or you could just man up and admit your just mad because you looked foolish in another one of my threads. You can post all the cheap shots you want about my mods or my car and it wont upset me because you and your opinions mean nothing to me, understand?

Hi,

???... Little voices in your head today?

Just to avoid any further misunderstanding, this isn't related to any other threads whatever. I think it looks idiotic and RICER. Or did you only post this thread for those who are 100% in agreement with you?

ohioboxster 01-04-2007 03:19 PM

Apology accepted.
Furthermore, if someone didnt agree with placement of the gauge I would think they would suggest an alternate location instead of cheap shots and stupid pictures. Im willing to pay you no attention from this point on if you have nothing constructive to add. The people in my head agree with me 100%

Grizzly 01-04-2007 03:20 PM

Quote:

Do you think BMW realizes that it is being unsafe, useless and superfluous? I'm calling them right now! Gauges in the center dashboard! Well! I've never been so outraged!

BMW = Bling Bling Motor Werks.

racer_d 01-04-2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly
Do you think BMW realizes that it is being unsafe, useless and superfluous? I'm calling them right now! Guages in the center dashboard! Well! I've never been so outraged!

BMW = Bling Bling Motor Werks.

I won't speculate as to the danger. I will say, having instructed a student at Watkins Glen in his MCoupe (whose dash is the same as above) He had a hard time monitoring the gages in the lower dash. I often reminded him to check them and when I realize he wasn't I simply said.. "boy that looks hot.. what fluid is that ;) ".. he then would move his eyes off the winsheild and down to the guage.

Some information is more important than others to a driver. Unless you suddenly LOST boost, it may not be something you need to always look at. Then again, on some cars (like a 930 or a WRX) you have (can have) a boost guage that is easily seen while driving without having to move your head/arms to see it.

ohioboxster 01-04-2007 03:39 PM

Racer d,
Good points, I use the boost gauge more for vacuum at idle than pressure while driving it keeps me informed about the status of the SC duct work.

MNBoxster 01-04-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Apology accepted...

Hi,

Sorry, this should have read "Just to avoid any further misunderstanding on your part, this isn't related to any other threads whatever..."

No apology inferred or proffered...

ohioboxster 01-04-2007 08:44 PM

Jim,
Please stop apologizing, I get it your sorry.

John V 01-05-2007 03:59 AM

I'm not sure where a better place for it would be. The gauge I want front and center on my instrument cluster is the tach. Fortunately it's that way from the factory. When I had my RX-7, I mounted the boost gauge to the dashboard, on the right side of the instrument binnacle - but there is no room for a gauge there in a Boxster.

Not sure why Jim is being so insulting - bad day? There are things people on this board have done to their cars that I would consider to be pretty ricey but ... to each their own. If having the gauge there suits your needs, more power to you. You can always move it later! :cheers:

Dr. Kill 01-05-2007 05:39 AM

We need a HUD option.

Allen K. Littlefield 01-05-2007 05:58 AM

Hud

Toatally agree on a Heads Up Display projected on the lower windshield. A digital speedo and digital tach. Of course this all goes down the tubes when you are dialing your cellphone while setting up for a corner. <G>

986geezer

super66 01-05-2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield
Toatally agree on a Heads Up Display projected on the lower windshield. A digital speedo and digital tach. Of course this all goes down the tubes when you are dialing your cellphone while setting up for a corner. <G>

986geezer

Allen don't you dare confess to that here, your hands must remain at 10 and 2 at all times!!!! man I hope I got that right or there goes my joke :matchup:

djomlas 01-05-2007 10:22 PM

although i dont know the exact size of the gauge, how about placing it here if it will phisically fit? or is there somethign in there behind?
http://i16.tinypic.com/48lss3p.jpg

boggtown 01-05-2007 10:33 PM

Nope, imagine the 996 cluster with 5 gauges, and cover up the side 2. Thats what we have. Ive taken apart everything for those LEDs so I know theres no room. Modern cars are too modular and fancy to modify easily. Our gauges are split level and extremely tight in there so we cant do anything. The BEST option is to put the gauges in the middle dash where the climate control is (for me). Its where the cup holders go. You could move your gauge(s) there easy enough but youd have to buy something to relocate the climate control. I think a trim ring or a mounting something.

djomlas 01-05-2007 11:09 PM

looked like a good location at least

ohioboxster 01-06-2007 01:34 AM

If you guys look in the performance talk section and go into my supercharger install thread you will see a pic dated 08-24-2006. It shows where I wanted to install the gauge and gave reasons why I didnt. So, faced with limited options I placed it below the radio. This is not an unusual place to add extra gauges, do a search. Many people have added oil pressure and etc in this location. I like it and it will do just fine. I do appreciate the positive input.

Jeph 01-06-2007 05:55 AM

Quote:

Jim,
Please stop apologizing, I get it your sorry.

LOL, that's good stuff. I use lines like that all the time.

Anyway, I can see Jim's point about it being in a less than optimal location. However I debate as to whether or not it's considered "rice." I guess I just need to hear Jim's definition of rice.

At any rate, when ever I feel grumpy, tense, or down, I listen to this song.
I don't feel like dancin' <-- download me!
Some one explain how you can listen to this and then NOT be in a cheerful mood! Let me know what y'all think!

djomlas 01-06-2007 08:58 AM

i think that useless parts on a car are rice, but in this case u def. need a boost gauge, and w limited space it looks great.
good job man